VGA vs Composite 7" widescreen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VGA vs Composite 7" widescreen

just want a quick little chime in from hopefully from dave and armen and others about this.

I *almost* bought a xenarc from maxcosity but he stopped responding to me after we had a deal so now I'm back in the market for a new lcd.

I was originally planning on getting a 7" widescreen touch from armen, the composite one.

My question to you owners of each monitor out there is if you have the composite would you have rather gotten the vga? I mainly only use my screen for mp3s and the cool factor, sometimes use CoPilot, and sometimes use myHTPC.

I'm trying to figure out if I can justify the $80 + shipping difference between composite and VGA, especially when I dont want to spend this much in the first place but want touchscreen!!

Thanks guys!

1997 Jeep Wrangler Rugged Waves

Ebay Stuff For Sale

you know VGA is the way to go! Better quality, you don't have to power strip it much...

If you are trying to make yourself feels better about it...you could be in my shoes, I hit a cargo truck and did $2000 of damage to my front end!

Think of it this way, do you think you would be disappointed with the VGA? probably not...you only live once, and since you are already spending the money, go the extra mile, besides I want to see it installed in your jeep!
    BossTone74

Comment

u dork!! cargo trucks are big i hope it wasn't a parked one :wink:

yea god i can barely justify it, i liked the idea of getting it from maxcosity seen as it was going to be $375 shipped which I could deal with, over $400 tho I might have to start dancin' like your avatar, hehe

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

hey man, sorry, I was trying to hold off as long as I could, but in the end I am deciding (just now, really) to keep it.. I was gonna msg you in a day or two and let you know....

It's going to be a B#@%@(%*CH to install how I want, but I think it will work... I might as well try, right?

I think composite is ok, I've seen some cheap-*** Q-Logic LCDs (not even VGA) and they looked aright at the right res/font size even on a computer - gps is another story, though - it might be worth the extra $80..

btw, GAIN (www.gain.com.tw) makes these screens and wholesale they are like like $160 a piece.... IF you can move enough (a lot) to get that pricing... what Dave offered was a fair price in my opinion.

sorry to let the cat outta the bag, but Dave isn't carrying them anymore anyways....

Kevin

Comment

btw, GAIN (www.gain.com.tw) makes these screens and wholesale they are like like $160 a piece.... IF you can move enough (a lot) to get that pricing... what Dave offered was a fair price in my opinion.
          You are talking about VGA screen for 160$ ???

Or just 7" composite
          Epia M9000, lili 7" vga&touch & 2xTM-7002S compo, camera with reversed image, 2.5" 60 GB, 256Mb DDR, Opus 90W, GPS usb... AND MEDIACRUISER of course!

Comment

hey PT the moni in your sig is actually the composite I was thinking of getting, how do you like it?

My Q Logic screen I have right now is very readable in GPS and Winamp (once I enlarged the font) but well it's been through a lot!

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

It's very good for the value...

When I bought it the VGA one was really much much expensive than now with the deal from dscustom.

The screen is a litlle blur compared to a notebook but I run 800x600 on it and it readble without problem (GPS with mapsonic also really good)

For divx & dvd the quality is impresive (Also compared to brand like pioneer, alpine...)

The only point is that my Epia didn't run tvtools or powerstrip.

So I'can't ajust exactly the size of the picture (I have to do an oversized image or a undersized one)

And I can not handle 800x480 with my Epia...

I'll add a Geforce 4 MX lowprofile & passive cooling...

My screen is here:

http://www.digitalww.com/TM7002S_install1.htm

Thx digitalww

Epia M9000, lili 7" vga&touch & 2xTM-7002S compo, camera with reversed image, 2.5" 60 GB, 256Mb DDR, Opus 90W, GPS usb... AND MEDIACRUISER of course!

Comment

Originally posted by PTCruiser
                You are talking about VGA screen for 160$ ???

Or just 7" composite
                VGA.

You would be surprised what most electronics run, wholesale priced. Anything, everything...

Comment

So please give the link for evryone...

Comment

This is the link, but it contains no pricing info.

This is who Xenarc OEMs from: http://www.gain.com.tw/700_series.htm

Call their sales folks and see what they can do for you.

Comment

thx maxcosity...(I already know this link for a while...)

You did have a great quote

160$ For a 700-yy?
                      You should buy a couple and ressell it @ 250$

Comment

I was || close to getting composite - eventually went for the DS700YYV..

Composite 7002S's.. are good quality! but I thought maybe I would always want VGA.. and end up buying the VGA conversion for it anyway! Plus this way, I saved money on a wireless trackball mouse with the touchscreen!

Comment

yea that's my thinking at the moment, i'm going to probably want vga so why not buy it now?

gonna figure things out tonight hopefully and get something ordered

i'm so indecisive at times

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

hehe, Exactly like me.. I go around every option first.. hehe.

Just gotta go for one!

Comment

Originally posted by maxcosity
                              This is the link, but it contains no pricing info.

This is who Xenarc OEMs from: http://www.gain.com.tw/700_series.htm

Call their sales folks and see what they can do for you.
                              Yeah but what's the shipping costs??

Comment

Working...
                              X