Widescreen DVDs with Power DVD and TM-701L

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widescreen DVDs with Power DVD and TM-701L

I just got in my LCDs, they aren't actually 701Ls they are 702LTs. I'm not sure if there is any difference. Anyway, I was wondering what was the best way to view movies with Power DVD. The screen has a widescreen aspect ratio. How do I get DVDs to take up the whole screen when they are widescreen? Right now I still have the 2 black bars at the top and bottom of the LCD. Is there anyway to make the movie fit the screen better?

You have to somehow set the video card to wide screen format. That is only if your videocard can support wide screen format. a popular wide screen resolution is 848X480. 1024X600 would be perfect but I havent found a video card that can support that.
    NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
    If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

I used powerstrip to display in 848x480. PowerDVD still has the bars though. I set it to Pan and Scan with a 1.85:1 ratio. It doesn't look like I lose any of the image but is there an easier way to get rid of the bars at the top and bottom?

Comment

what's powerstrip?
        EPIA 800, DWW-7VGA LCD w/Touchscreen, 256mb ram, dvd rom, ati radeon 7000 video card, 80 gb 3.5" hard drive.

Comment

A program that lets you fiddle with resolutions, color and everything of your video card... It's pretty interesting.

Comment

Where can I get it?
            EPIA 800, DWW-7VGA LCD w/Touchscreen, 256mb ram, dvd rom, ati radeon 7000 video card, 80 gb 3.5" hard drive.

Comment

The black bars can still be there even on a widescreen LCD monitor.

If the DVD you are trying to play is 2.35:1 ratio there is no way to avoid them.

Try playing a 1.78:1 or 16:9 ratio DVD and see if you still have black bars.
              My CarPC install piccies http://www.celica-club.co.uk/cgi-bin...at=561&thumb=1

Comment

Well you see... Fullscreen DVDs are stretched to fit the 7" screen. Widescreen DVDs get squished vertically. I'm not sure how to work this out.

Comment

http://www.entechtaiwan.com/ps.htm .

Comment

Working...
                  X