Need new tv-out video card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need new tv-out video card

I've so far tried two Rage Pro 8MB cards from Compusa and neither card's TV-out worked. Well, the first one worked for about 1 hour and then nothing. So, I'm looking for a reasonably cheap PCI card with composite tv-out. Any recommendations appreciated.
    P4 2.4GHz, Intel mobo w/onboard sound & video, 128MB memory, 100GB Seagate Momentus laptop drive, Xenarc 700TSV 7" touchscreen, IRman using Girder, 150W Opus dc/dc psu, Alpine CDA-9835 h/u, MBQuart speakers, Infinity 15" sub, MTX amps.

ATI has been doing video out for a long time on most of their cards and I think they look the best. But I also think the NVidia's give you the most options on TV out with their dual DAC's. I think a Geforce 4 MX would be pretty nice.

Comment

Thanks man. Well, I finally found the schematic for the Svideo to composite cable so I'm going to give the Geforce 440 a try. Thanks.
      P4 2.4GHz, Intel mobo w/onboard sound & video, 128MB memory, 100GB Seagate Momentus laptop drive, Xenarc 700TSV 7" touchscreen, IRman using Girder, 150W Opus dc/dc psu, Alpine CDA-9835 h/u, MBQuart speakers, Infinity 15" sub, MTX amps.

Comment

Matrox cards have nice TVout as well.

But TVout on anyhting newer than a G400 won't work under linux, and won't show from boot on windows.

I have a G450, so don't see any before login screen or anything after the logout/shutdown screen.

If I could ahve found a Dual Head G400 I would have done, before TVout from boot is one of it's best features, along with decent quality TVout.
        4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

Well, I'm getting a DOS picture on my screen with the Geforce MMX440 chip, but I get no color. I've already tried the 470pF capacitor trick and still no color. The screens definitely work since I tested both with a vcr and got color. I think it's a frequency thing. I'm waiting for TVtool to (hopefully) come out this week with MMX440 support. Maybe with Tvtool I can get color. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
          X