15-17 inch dell monitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15-17 inch dell monitor

I was debating about putting a 15-17 inch monitor in the second row of my van for the kids to use...has anyone done it? How did you power it?

i have a 15.6" (multi touch) installed in dashboard. where i bought it, it came with 5v powersupply so power was not a problem!!
    you can also mount a "desktop " monitor, and power it via dc-ac inverter...
    but have in mind, that if you do a vertical install, then the viewing angles will not be so great!!

Comment

you can also check the monitor you have, a lot of brands have an internal ac-dc inverter inside, the monitors mostly run on 5 or 12 V

once you open it up you can see what your monitor does/have
      View my worklog here

Comment

Originally posted by DracoPCGuy View Post
        I was debating about putting a 15-17 inch monitor in the second row of my van for the kids to use...has anyone done it? How did you power it?
        i ve done it. Took a laptop monitor grabbed a signal coverter from chinatobby and did it . So you basivcally will run a dual monitor install ? Does ur mobo support it ? Anyway i ve powered my converter-monitor trough the 12v line of the pc-atx ( m2-atx ) so wehn the pc is on the the back monitor is on. If there are no kids in the car i am switwhing it off from a button that exist in the board.
        Vw Sharan 2007 1.9tdi || Exide 100Ah
        Fuzzy 945gme + core duo T2400 + 2gb ddr 667 + pci nvidia 5500 256mb + kingston v300 60gb + hdd 2.5" 100gb 5400 + Sure Gps module
        Primary monitor 8" 800x600 || Secondary monitor 15.4" 1280x800
        Powered by M2 atx

Comment

This probably wouldn't even be hooked to the carputer. My wife and I have been thinking about getting something along the lines of a DVD player for the kids to watch...like a portable deal. Then I realized...I have some movies already that I only have the Bluray. So here is my thought is a 15 inch monitor that would only be used for long trips. I was looking at some portable style Bluray players just hook right into that and play on a larger screen that I already have rather than 2 small 7-9 inch monitors. Am I just crazy or decent idea?

Comment

wonder if I just used an inverter when the monitor was installed????

Comment

No feed back on this?

Comment

I think that this is an idea that can be understood by the people who do long trips and have kids. It is a MUST. My first goal when i ve started to build the pc was the kids. I think it is extremely dangerous to drive during trips ( unknown roads , unknown driving culture by every population ) having the kids behind ur head doing stuffs ( mma fighting, arguemnets etc) .

Anyway for me with the four kids it was a must. On the other hand if i could build another one i would ( for the third row ) . But i cannot see why you want a player and not a monitor connected to the pc ?

The two independent displays have the advantage of playind different stuffs ( you have to think about headphones too) . But i think it is up to you to decide what is best for you . If you dont mind asking what are the ages of the kids ?
                Vw Sharan 2007 1.9tdi || Exide 100Ah
                Fuzzy 945gme + core duo T2400 + 2gb ddr 667 + pci nvidia 5500 256mb + kingston v300 60gb + hdd 2.5" 100gb 5400 + Sure Gps module
                Primary monitor 8" 800x600 || Secondary monitor 15.4" 1280x800