Laptop Lcd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop Lcd

I'm pretty new at this stuff so i was wondering if someone here could help me out. I have a working lcd off of a gateway laptop. I'm assuming i still need sometime of controller card for the lcd. I already have the pin out diagram for this screen, and i'm a little confused on how to wire the 29 wires to a printer cable. Which wires go where? Here are a few pics of the lcd.
    Attached Files

lcd numbers

here's a close up of the numbers on the back
    Attached Files

Comment

Where is the pinout? You do need a lcd controller if you plan on hooking up to rca or vga.
      Aopen i855GMEm-LFS with Dothan 1.8ghz
      512mb DDR333
      Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

To a printer cable? A printer port will be way too slow to drive a lcd such as this. If your just trying to extend the cable to go to an lcd controller then the colors don't matter, just wire each end the same.

Comment

Pinout

here a pic of the pinout. i would like to go to vga, but i don't know what type of controller to get for this type of lcd. I don't know know what pins would go where on the vga plug. Is there any way to do it w/o a controller card?

Here is some more info about that lcd that is not in the pic below.

Jumper settings: J5 1-2, J12 2-3, J16 2-3, J6 1-2, J7 2-3, J11 1-2

VO (PIN 20 Display) is normally connected to the wiper of a 10K pot used for contrast adjusment. The top of the pot is connected to VEE ( pins 27 and 28 of the display). The bottom end of the pot is connected to a 20K resistor to ground.
          Attached Files

Comment

Re: Pinout

Originally posted by Cedrik
            Is there any way to do it w/o a controller card?

NO
            [H]4 Life
            My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
            It will be done sometime in the next generation.
            I'm a lesbian too.
            I am for hire!

Comment

Working...
            X