LCD in 97 Jetta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD in 97 Jetta

I am pricing out a CarPC, and need to figure out what LCD to get. I want it to be in dash and it has to fit with out modification, because I can't do them It needs to be a touch screen and VGA. I was looking at some at Digital Worldwide: The first and the second. Are there any others like that, perhaps for a better price? And will this fit in a Jetta's radio spot? I have a Sony radio in there now, so I know it is more or less standard size. Can someone get me the dimensions of this LCD?

Thanks in advance!
    1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

A picture of your car's radio would help. I've no clue what a 97 Jetta looks like from the inside. Try asking digitalww the dimensions of those screens.

Comment

Re: LCD in 97 Jetta

Both of the LCDs are a standard Din size. I haven't seen the GA700YY monitor but DWW-7VGA Housing has the following dimensions: 2" H x 7" W x 7" Length.

If you want to go for a more custom look then take a look at this Module This is the same monitor as the famous Xenarc 7" LCD but without the housing. During the pre-order special you can get it for $360 (regular price $380)

Let me know if you need any other dimensions.
      Armen

Originally posted by SiGmA_X
      I am pricing out a CarPC, and need to figure out what LCD to get. I want it to be in dash and it has to fit with out modification, because I can't do them It needs to be a touch screen and VGA. I was looking at some at Digital Worldwide: The first and the second. Are there any others like that, perhaps for a better price? And will this fit in a Jetta's radio spot? I have a Sony radio in there now, so I know it is more or less standard size. Can someone get me the dimensions of this LCD?

Thanks in advance!
      http://www.digitalww.com

Comment

dr1ft -- Here you go. A set of thumbnails and full sized. If you want the creation code for that, ask

http://pchardwaremods.com/sigma/images/jetta/index.html

digitalww -- Thank you. I'll measure the stock box tomorrow.. How long until those in-dash ones are out, and is it worth it to buy the motorized one? I would like a mounted in-dash one over one mounted on my dash because I have this feeling that it might get jacked a lot easier..

Thanks!
        1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

wow didnt know there are 32 days in July digitalww.
          NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
          If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

Same here I wonder what we should name them?

The kit doesn't come with a frame does it? Or buttons?
            1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

digitalww -- Thank you. I'll measure the stock box tomorrow.. How long until those in-dash ones are out, and is it worth it to buy the motorized one? I would like a mounted in-dash one over one mounted on my dash because I have this feeling that it might get jacked a lot easier..

Thanks!
              The not motorized one should be out this week. The motorized is good if you can afford it. I haven't seen it in person so I don't even know any details. It should be good.

Comment

Originally posted by cproaudio
                wow didnt know there are 32 days in July digitalww.
                This is what happens when I work late

Comment

Same here I wonder what we should name them?

The kit doesn't come with a frame does it? Or buttons?
                  It comes with buttons attached to the PCB and no frame.

Comment

I have never seen a pullout anything for the dash.. It is secure and will human handeling of it weaken it? Also, when it is *out* and being touched (It's a touchscreen afterall) will it be damaged or move much?

Are there any types of discounts for Forum members?

Also, to anyone, what is the size of a std DIN? Is it the same as DigitalWW's LCD casing?

Thank all!
                    1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

I have never seen a pullout anything for the dash.. It is secure and will human handeling of it weaken it? Also, when it is *out* and being touched (It's a touchscreen afterall) will it be damaged or move much?

Are there any types of discounts for Forum members?

Also, to anyone, what is the size of a std DIN? Is it the same as DigitalWW's LCD casing?

Thank all!
                      This housing is very strong and will handle everyday operation without any problems. The touch screen will not effect the use of the housing in any way. It is also responds very good to easy touch.

I was thinking about setting the price of the DWW-7VGA at $530 for mp3car.com members.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalww
                        This housing is very strong and will handle everyday operation without any problems. The touch screen will not effect the use of the housing in any way. It is also responds very good to easy touch.

I was thinking about setting the price of the DWW-7VGA at $530 for mp3car.com members.
                        That sounds great, along with the price. Can you or someone else point me to details on how to install one of these things? Or will a shop do it for me for a cost? Also, how do I run wires and whatnot? Where is a common place to hide a VGA cable? They are kind of thick..

Thanks!
                        1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

Every dash is different. Just need to find the right screws and pry/pull near the hidden clips. See if you can find a stereo removal guide for your vehicle on google.

You'll want a regulated 12V source for the screen. You can grab this from the carputer PSU if it has enough power. The yellow and black wires of the 4 pin HD/CDROM connector is 12V.

The VGA cable can be hidden under the carpet.
                          -TJ
                          Smart Playlists Plugin for RoadRunner
                          CarPC - 05 Acura TL Navi (pics soon)
                          Retired CarPC - 03 Infiniti Qx4

Comment

Good keywords. I think I found one. I'll check it out.

Yes, I know all about computer powersupplies

How do I get the cable down to the floor level? I am really a car n00b

Also, regarding speaker wires.. My plan is to buy an amp for my car speakers. I am going to get betting it locally, and I bet that BestBuy or who ever I buy it from will have free install. How do I get the wires from my speakers back to my trunk? Or should I just pay them and have them do it..?

Thanks for putting up with me
                            1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

digitalww - Does your DWW-7VGA LCD rotate so I can tilt it towards the drivers seat (And passangers seat)?

Thanks
                              1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

Working...
                              X