Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Xenrac DS700YYV 7" touchscreen

Hi Everyone,
    I have been browsing this group for a while and was interested if anyone has experience with the Xenrac DS700YYV 7" touchscreen (VGA + touchscreen + 2 composite)... and how well it works in daytime lighting conditions in a car. The display is a little pricey (the cheapest I found it is $439, but if the specs are true, I think it's worth it).

I am in the process of building my 2nd navigation /media player which will be installed in my 2002 VW GTI 1.8t based around this display.

My 1st navigation system was built for my previous 94' Ford Explorer and used a I-Opener with windows98 + streetatlas.

Any opinions on this monitor will be greatly appreciated!!

~Jason

use the search and you'll find plenty of reviews on this monitor...

people like it, it's good monitor, worth the money

1997 Jeep Wrangler Rugged Waves

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

I have the wide screen model with touchscreen + 1 vga + 3 comp inputs and its fine in all but bright direct sunlight. The build quality on the connectors could be better though ...

dave

PS. Its a bit bright at night , I need to build an auto dimmer <grin>.

Comment

I like how it's now a Xenarc DS700yyv Anyways, if you really did some searching you would find it on dscustoms.com for $399, using the link in my signature. And they work great!
        Old School MP3CAR.com member!

Comment

Bought it!

Yes, I have done research and found the DSCustoms 7" VGA touchscreen monitor though this group. Honestly, I was skeptical buying it for $400 since that seems to be alot less than other online places are selling it for, but after thinking about it alot, I ordered it this past Sunday night. Can't wait till I get it!!

Comment

Working...
          X