can this be done??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can this be done??

I have an older laptop that i really dont care about. The LCD screen is perfect working order. Can't I take that screen and fabricate into a car? Doesn't it just need a power going to it and then a wire to hook up to a car dvd player? I know there is still all the mounting but what would be the basic stuff I need to do this? Any ideas

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/sear...der=descending

ITs right under your username
    What im curently listening to.
    My complete carpc setup

Comment

but i dont really want a cpu in my car. all i want to do is play dvd's for my kids using a old laptop lcd thats still good.

i guess call me cheap but why go out and buy a car lcd monitor if some how i can use the laptop one.

Comment

No way man you are going to bite into something you would NOT really enjoy doing if you do not want to run a laptop pc in your car. My recommendation is get one of them car DVD players, get it profesionally installed and you will be better off.
        What im curently listening to.
        My complete carpc setup

Comment

Problem is the laptop LCD's doesnt accept standard RCA video input. You have to find a LCD controller for your particular laptop LCD panel that also accepts RCA input. having said that, good luck finding one.
          NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
          If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

Working...
          X