Please Help! At a total loss!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help! At a total loss!

For the past 16 hours or so I've been trying to get my Shuttle FV24 computer (with the S3 graphics and running Win98) to work with the LCD I bought from Digitalww.com. This one to be more exact.

I've installed and reinstalled drivers more times than I can count. But the only resolutions I get are 640x480 and 800x600. In video mode everything is fine, but blurry and doesn't make full use of the screen. In VGA mode a message pops up from the LCD that says "OVER RANGE" (what does that mean?) and just fades out. So right now I feel like I paid $100 extra for VGA when all I can use is RCA.

I was up until 6am trying to figure this out, if anyone can help me I'd be super grateful!

Thx SO much,

Pat

"OVER RANGE" probably means that the scan frequencies are out of range for the screen. Try playing with the refresh rate settings. These are in the advanced section of the display property settings.

Rob
    Old Systems retired due to new car
    New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

Yeah I did mess with the settings, but I think I just fixed it. During the entire time (I think) I had all the video outputs hooked up to the computer. So S video, RCA and VGA were all connected. Once I diconnected the other two, VGA @ 800x600 worked like a charm.

Thx,

Pat

Comment

Originally posted by Activesight
        Yeah I did mess with the settings, but I think I just fixed it. During the entire time (I think) I had all the video outputs hooked up to the computer. So S video, RCA and VGA were all connected. Once I diconnected the other two, VGA @ 800x600 worked like a charm.

Thx,

Pat
        I am sorry for not replying in time but I am glad you got it working.

Here is a shot I took with the menu showing
        Attached Files
        http://www.digitalww.com

Comment

Working...
        X