does a 6" or smaller vga exist?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does a 6" or smaller vga exist?

I am looking for something for a very specialized app and the smallest actual vga i can find is the xenarc/701/etc.... anyone know of anything that is 6" or smaller?

thanks

VGA i.e 640x480 is available.
    You can SVGA that small, but it is pricy.
    Have a look at EarthLCD
    4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

wow that is pricy even for just the vga, maybe i'll see if i can possibly do more cutting.

Comment

OK, have a look at This package.

Not a very bright panel, but for that price, as long as you aren't in death valley 365 days a year, not bad for an 8.4 VGA (some kind of Visor or Lower dash mounting would help, as would tinted windows).

They also do a 6.4" VGA kit, but it is $545 for a single unit. They also do a 10.4" VGA kit and SVGA kit with not much between them, but the VGA is brighter than the SVGA (but nothing is over impressive).
        4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

In my own research, I've found only a 6.4" that will do VGA. I have one that I initially planned on using in my car, but chose to go larger to be able to read and get a better resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by SinnerG
            In my own research, I've found only a 6.4" that will do VGA. I have one that I initially planned on using in my car, but chose to go larger to be able to read and get a better resolution.

do you still have the screen? what model is it? any info would be great also if you still have it let me know i might want to see if we can work something out (if your looking to get rid of it)

thanks

Comment

What I have now, is the bare LCD panel. It is the LG/Philips LP064V1. I had it paired with a Dicon LCD1024E controller board. Along with the inverter, this was a complete 'flat-panel' display. Contact Dicon directly. They may have the package at a reasonable rate because of their recent controller board upgrade (ie they might be trying to get rid of their older equipment to make room for the newer stuff).

Comment

Working...
              X