Video Card Won't Detect Digitalww LCD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Card Won't Detect Digitalww LCD

Okay, I just got the in-dash LCD from Digitalww (the TM-702LT, used to be the TM-701L). It work's great except for two issues.

1. I can't get my ATI Radeon Video card to detect the screen. I have to plug the computer into something else like a tv, then once it's on, switch the cable to the LCD. I can't exactly do this in my car. I've tried what the other threads have suggested and put a resistor between the the Ground and V+ of the RCA plug. I tried 47Ohm, 75Ohm, and 100Ohm. None of them worked. Can anybody help? It's driving me crazy!

2. I installed powerstrip and got the image to fill most of the screen, but there is still about a 1/4" black strip on the bottom. All the rest of the sides I got down to about 1/16" inch, which is as good as it probably gets. Any suggestions on how to get it to fill the rest of the bottom?

Please help, installation time is drawing near.

you are probably doing the resistor wrong.
    '98 Explorer Sport
    http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
    AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
    80% done

Comment

Originally posted by hijinks21
      you are probably doing the resistor wrong.
      How could I have done it wrong? I stripped the cable, connected one end of the resistor to the copper wires around the outside, and the other end to the wire running down the middle. I even checked the resistance at the end of the cable with my meter and it checks out.

Could the fact that I'm powering the LCD with the computer's power supply, instead of directly connecting it to the battery, have anything to do with it? It doesn't seem like it would, but I have already experienced a strange problem with the touchscreen. It works okay, but it won't calibrate unless I turn off the LCD, which makes it kinda hard to calibrate.

Comment

will the modded cable work fine if you connect it right to the TV?
        '98 Explorer Sport
        http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
        AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
        80% done

Comment

Originally posted by hijinks21
          will the modded cable work fine if you connect it right to the TV?
          Yes. After it didn't work I restarted the computer with it plugged into the TV, when it came up I switched it to the LCD as usual and everything was fine, but no better than before because it still won't detect the LCD.

Comment

Working...
          X