Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flush Screen Install Finally Done (not perfect but the best I could do)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flush Screen Install Finally Done (not perfect but the best I could do)

Looks decent, don't beat yourself up
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Comment

I agree with Frodobaggins and the only way i could see it looking any better is if you smoothed it into the dash piece with no seems with fiberglass and then get some fake wood mac tack stuff and cover the dash piece and cut out only the actual screen area.
      GTI - Palm IIIe controlled with Radio faceplate hack for keyboard control of WinAmp w/ Vocal Genre playlist loading.
      VW Bus - 10.4" vga lcd. Loaded with same software as above.

Comment

Oh, MAN!!!! That thing looks friggin' horrible!!!!

JK.

It looks pretty good. I would love to have a flush mount that looks that good in my car...
        Aura MR62 (F and R)
        My Current MP3s
        IamDefiler.com

Comment

It's not bad. better than mine which I shall be posting an update of it once I get the screen inside, and my hand heals.

Why does filler look so much smoother till you get the paint on. Then it turns into a roller coaster with moon craters thrown in.
          4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

Originally posted by Skraggy_uk
            It's not bad. better than mine which I shall be posting an update of it once I get the screen inside, and my hand heals.

Why does filler look so much smoother till you get the paint on. Then it turns into a roller coaster with moon craters thrown in.

That's true - it does...When you're working with fillers or fiberglass, it's important to lay down a guide coat of a contrasting color (usually black) and then lightly sand the surface. Where you see the paint after sanding is a low spot.

- Jeff
            95 Mustang GT Convertible
            87 Mustang GT Convertible
            My Project | Let's Go Mets! | SCT Tuners

Project Status [===#===] [Bezel and dash creation]

Comment

Yeah, I know. Did a couple of times like that, of sanding, spraying filling, sanding, spraying, got bored and thought F&^k it, good enough. Well for me it is, but it isn't really. If it way my body panel visible from the outside, and I had paid someone to do it, I would freak.

As it is, it is a 20 year old piece of under dash (that had it's own digs, dints and chips anyway) lower console, that is shadowed by the dash most of the time, and barely visible anytime thanks to light factory bronze tinted windows.

It won't look perfect, but it will look OK (except to me, who knows it isn't "Quite" there.
              4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

Originally posted by Skraggy_uk
                As it is, it is a 20 year old piece of under dash (that had it's own digs, dints and chips anyway) lower console, that is shadowed by the dash most of the time, and barely visible anytime thanks to light factory bronze tinted windows.

It won't look perfect, but it will look OK (except to me, who knows it isn't "Quite" there.
                Yeah - I did a shifter boot trim piece a long time ago (my first fiberglassing experience) and it looked great...until I painted it - then the panel looked like it was waving at me . 2 days later, it looked halfway decent. I've finally gotten a little better at it..but it is, like you say, back and forth with spraying and sanding.

- Jeff
                95 Mustang GT Convertible
                87 Mustang GT Convertible
                My Project | Let's Go Mets! | SCT Tuners

Project Status [===#===] [Bezel and dash creation]

Comment

I guess I get impatient. Took me two years to build version 1 car PC(about 6 weeks actual building and fitting), then after using it for about 3 weeks, I bought all the bigs for version 2 including a 10.4" TFT VGA that actaully wouldn't fit in my car without some work to it.

Now I'm rushing. Must slow down.
                  4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

I know the feeling - the LCD looks good.

I hate having the project span days or weeks, or more.

Once I start something, I just want to keep at it till its done.

This whole mp3car seems to have adverse effects on sleeping.....
                    Gizmo-
                    Techonlogy on Wheels
                    http://www.hjnetworks.com/car

Comment

I have a woman in the house who won't let me do that anymore.
                      4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

nice work looks similar to mine... i was rushed and had to finish it up the night before a car show... I swear I'll get around to making it look better... hah!
                        Car: 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S
                        Mods: Yep
                        Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

Working...
                        X