Epia M10000 and Xenarc serial Touchscreen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epia M10000 and Xenarc serial Touchscreen

Ok I have tried everything I can think of to get the Xenarc touchscreen working on the Epia M10000 running Windows XP Pro. I know the screen works because it ran fine on my windows 2000 Laptop. I have gone through all the troubleshooting I could think of, even reinstalling XP with the screen attahced during the install. Still no luck in getting it to find the controllor in the utility.

I even did the hyperterminal test and the screen is getting data from the serial port. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do to make it work?

Thanks,

Danny

I assume the touch panel isnt working ?

1. dont use a serial to usb converter. (some work, but many cause problems)

2. download the latest touch drivers

3. use short cables.
    Gizmo-
    Techonlogy on Wheels
    http://www.hjnetworks.com/car

Comment

Correct, the touch panel is not being reconized by the touchkit software. The controller is seen in device manager as habving no issues and in hyperterm I get grabage when I touch the screen. So it is sending data to the serial port.

Originally posted by gizmomkr
      I assume the touch panel isnt working ?

1. dont use a serial to usb converter. (some work, but many cause problems)

2. download the latest touch drivers

3. use short cables.

Comment

for testing purposes why not run win2k on the M10000 and test the touch screen...

In theory they (2k and xp) should work the same, but it is nice to rule out things...

can you run the software in compatibility mode for win2k or lower on your XP machine?

(right click on the program, click compatibility tab...near center of tab)
        current projects

Comment

I tried it using win2k same thing, so I went and got a USB to Serial converter and it work great now. Mush be something wrong with the port on the board.

Thanks for the ideas.

Originally posted by DodgeCummins
          for testing purposes why not run win2k on the M10000 and test the touch screen...

In theory they (2k and xp) should work the same, but it is nice to rule out things...

can you run the software in compatibility mode for win2k or lower on your XP machine?

(right click on the program, click compatibility tab...near center of tab)

Comment

Mine works great with both of the M10000 onboard serial ports and a USB/Serial converter that I tried. I just hope that extending it to the trunk of the car doesn't give it trouble :-/ Stupid three-wire serial devices without flow control SUCK
            MY CAR IS FOR SALE!
            See My Project Page for Details - 2003 BMW E46 ///M3
            Custom Dash Monitor Housing - OEM Fitment
            Custom Overhead DVD-ROM Housing in Headliner
            BMW I-Bus Integration
            My homepage with many other fun projects!

Comment

Working...
            X