700YYV or 700TS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 700YYV or 700TS?

I won the wrong LCD on eBay last week, and am living with the results.. I found a guy on eBay who would sell me a 700TS ($550 from Xenarc Direct) for $280 + the 700V that was my mistake.. I know that is more money overall (I paid $220 for the mistake) then a 700YYV, but it would get the 700V off my hands quickly. So my question(s) is/are this. Is there anything with the 700TS that I should know about that makes it worse/better then the 700YYV? It seems about the same, with out extra inputs. Also, does anyone want to buy a 700V? If so PM me. I need to get rid of this.. No VGA..!

Thanks for hearing me out
    1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Oh, the TS is USB. I just bought it from the guy on eBay, I will send my LCD to him fast (Overnight, 2nd day, something) and he will send my new one back the same
    1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

Hi!
      I was wondering what the difference is between the two monitors mentioned. I have the TS and I like it just fine. Whats with the other one?
      Stop Buying New Music CD's.
      Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

YYV is serial. Should be exactly the same just more of a pain in the *** to get to work in the first place. I just bought one and am expecting it shortly.

Comment

So why the preferance for the serial monitor? I would think that usb is preferrable?

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

Originally posted by chut
            So why the preferance for the serial monitor? I would think that usb is preferrable?
            I am still a noob at this stuff, but probably because people want to use their USB ports for other applications, and would rather not spend one port on a monitor.
            Car: 2000 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t
            Carputer 2.0: removed. Back to stock.

Comment

Oh!
              well that I get. I bought myself a PCMCIA USB hub and now I'm looking for things to put in it. It's why I bought the USB version of the screen. GPS is DB9 serial.

Take Care,
              Peter

Comment

Serial is just cheaper, and since most people still have 2 serial ports, they can use it.

brrman - How many ports of USB do you have? My server mobo, MSI K7D Master - Dual Proc, has 4, and my nForce2 had 8, and my VIA has 4 too. I think I have enough USB

chut - PCMCIA USB hub? Explain.
                1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

yeah when I bought it, serial was 250 less.

Comment

Yeah, serial is still a bit less. But since I made a major mistake (Buying the 700V) in the first place, it was nice to get rid of it easily. Plus, USB is better anyways!
                    1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

Working...
                    X