Xenarc Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenarc Problems

After waiting 5 weeks for the 700TS to arrive plus 70.00 VAT I plugged into my own adapter 240v in 14v dc 0.8a out and all has worked fine for about 3 days then today the picture started flickering and a burning smell followed by smoke, I disconnected the power and am letting it cool down. If its broke another long delay to send back to USA for repair. Any suggestions please.
    Peter- fed up.

Just fired it up again it works fine but getting very hot again on the top left hand corner at the back, Iv'e turned it back off.
    Any idea's??

Peter.

At the top-left there's the inverter of the screen (visible in http://www.digitalww.com/images/VGAM_assembeled2.JPG). You can try to unplug the thing and see if the problem is gone, if so; find a replacement inverter.

Opening the case will void your warranty, so it might be wise to contact X. first.

white bream
    working on a trilogy: CARGO - UNIGO - MERGO
    CARGO = the Car Computer
    Intel Celeron M, [P]SDC, uBlox GPS, GPRS, WLAN, Silabs FM, RDS, TMC,
    Dual-audio, Onecable TFT, Microsize: 45 x 108 x 168mm (1.8 x 4.3 x 6.6")

Comment

Originally posted by henkbliek
      At the top-left there's the inverter of the screen (visible in http://www.digitalww.com/images/VGAM_assembeled2.JPG). You can try to unplug the thing and see if the problem is gone, if so; find a replacement inverter.

Opening the case will void your warranty, so it might be wise to contact X. first.

Thanks, I will contact X. and see if I can open the case without voiding the warranty otherwise another long wait.

Comment

Originally posted by peteruk
        Thanks, I will contact X. and see if I can open the case without voiding the warranty otherwise another long wait.
        Spoken To jimmy at Xenarc and have his permission to open the back.
        Problem is a shorted out inverter (its black and burnt) Jimmy says he will send a relacement board - I live in hope.
        Peter.

Comment

Working...
        X