I found a SHARP LCD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found a SHARP LCD

I was digging through my pile of junks and I found a Sharp LCD that I used ages ago. I recall burning out the controller board though but LCD is fine. It says LQ6BN01 on the LCD. How do I go about finding the right controller?

Thanks

L
    - Lwin M. Maung
    If it's stuck, force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyway

Try www.earthlcd.com I heard their very expensive.
    Peter
    Stop Buying New Music CD's.
    Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

In that case, I might as well toss out the LCD.
      - Lwin M. Maung

Comment

try http://www.lcdcontrollerkits.netfirms.com/
        I like stuff :D

Comment

Originally posted by Seraph
          I was digging through my pile of junks and I found a Sharp LCD that I used ages ago. I recall burning out the controller board though but LCD is fine. It says LQ6BN01 on the LCD. How do I go about finding the right controller?

Thanks

L
          well.. first off, what kind of connection is on the back? is it a 31 pin connection (hirose)? or is it a ~20 pin flat ribbon connection?

if it is the 31 pin connection, then you my friend will need a controller card. that is where it gets expensive.

if it is the ~20 pin ribbon cable connection, then you will not need a controller card. in that case the screen will be a composite screen, and you will be able to feed it video from an rca cable.

i suspect it is a composite screen, as i have 2 sharp lq6nc02 screens, and they are composite. if you need any help, i can see what i can do for assisting in hooking it up.

~Mike

edit.... 1000th post.... woo hoo... where are my gifts!?!?
          Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
          PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
          2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

It has a 20 pin ribbon. What do I do to get it to work.

L
            - Lwin M. Maung

Comment

Originally posted by Seraph
              It has a 20 pin ribbon. What do I do to get it to work.

L
              alright... making the BIG assumption that the pinouts are the same...

check this page. Pinouts

there you should see the requirements for hooking up a lq6nc02.

WARNING I DONT KNOW IF THESE ARE THE SAME PINOUTS. typically sharp has the same pinouts across models, but i dont want to be blamed if anything bites the dust.

all you really need to hook up is the +5V, -8V, ground, and input. all the adjustments are by potentiometer, and are not really needed to run the screen.

the -8V might be the hard one to get... i might have a solution at home. the board that i got for mine came with a chip for this... i'll see if i can figure out what it is.

also, this screen may have the capability to run off component input. but not at full component resolution (obviously)

Good luck

~Mike
              Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
              PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
              2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

Thanks mike. You are in Chicago area too. How would you put RGB from the monitor out to this thing? I assume the LCD may not be as sharp as VGA screen but would be better than composite in right?

L
                - Lwin M. Maung

Comment

Working...
                X