Can someone tell me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone tell me

What the difference in quality between regular composite in and RGB in from VGA port on the same screen.

I know the VGA screens are the best but if I can save some money at this time....

Anyways, is the quality better with the RGB input? Are the text more readable?

L
    - Lwin M. Maung
    If it's stuck, force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyway

Originally posted by Seraph
    Anyways, is the quality better with the RGB input? Are the text more readable?
    yes,yes
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Comment

Let's asume that a screen has true VGA resolution. The LCD controller has VGA and RCA input. When you use the VGA plug, you're using the screen's full capacity at 640X480 resolution. When you use the composit plug (RCA), you're using only 1/4 of the screen's capability. The display is upscaled from RCA's maximum capability of 320X240 to the screen's maximum capability of 640X480. If you want to know how it looks like, try this. Capture your desktop by hitting the "Prt Scr SysRq" key right above the "Insert" key. Open up MS paint and click on Edit then Paste then save the image. Once the image is saved, open up your favorite photo editor and reduce the size down to 320X240. Then scale the image back up to the original size. Then look at the quality of the desktop. That's how a composit screen looks. Also the image is alot worst than that too cuz when you're using composit input plug, You're also using NTSC which is interlaced.
      NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
      If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

Ah so when you use RGB, you are indeed sending out VGA signal and not QVGA signal through the composite line.

Thanks

L
        - Lwin M. Maung
        If it's stuck, force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyway

Comment

Working...
        X