VGA lead & TOuch screen lead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VGA lead & TOuch screen lead

I am Installing a system in my car, and was wondering what people thought was longest you can extend VGA + TSK leads.?

I have brought a 4 metre VGA lead for 3.49 and am thinking of buying a 4 metre serial 9pin lead to extend the TSK 9pin din.

Will I run into problems, also for the GPS I have ordered NAVIGATOR from Infomap, and one of them mouse GPS reciever's, will it be ok to extend the USB lead as well

Cheers Guys

Ronny
    www.fsplanes.net NEW site

AMD XP 1800+ / 256mb ram ddr / 2 x 60gig hdd / Asus mobo micro ATX / GF-FX5200 / BU 303 GPS reciever / dlink usb radio

Software:
    Window's XP SP1 / USB Radio / Destinator v2 / Mediacar / 3000 mp3's / 30 movies

I got a 25ft vga and serial extension. It was overkill for my application, but it works fine.

Serial can go as far as 50-100ft without a repeater. USB is 15ft before a hub or repeater.
    -TJ
    Smart Playlists Plugin for RoadRunner
    CarPC - 05 Acura TL Navi (pics soon)
    Retired CarPC - 03 Infiniti Qx4

Comment

Cheers

Originally posted by tejesh83
      I got a 25ft vga and serial extension. It was overkill for my application, but it works fine.

Serial can go as far as 50-100ft without a repeater. USB is 15ft before a hub or repeater.
      So 25ft works for both TSK and VGA? and you don't get no noticable lag in the touch screen?

Just installed the PC in the car today, waiting for my screen now
      www.fsplanes.net NEW site

AMD XP 1800+ / 256mb ram ddr / 2 x 60gig hdd / Asus mobo micro ATX / GF-FX5200 / BU 303 GPS reciever / dlink usb radio

Software:
      Window's XP SP1 / USB Radio / Destinator v2 / Mediacar / 3000 mp3's / 30 movies

Comment

Originally posted by Sunglassesron
        So 25ft works for both TSK and VGA? and you don't get no noticable lag in the touch screen?

Just installed the PC in the car today, waiting for my screen now

with signals that move somewhere close to the speed of light, how could you over that short a distance....
        [H]4 Life
        My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
        It will be done sometime in the next generation.
        I'm a lesbian too.
        I am for hire!

Comment

No lag.
          -TJ
          Smart Playlists Plugin for RoadRunner
          CarPC - 05 Acura TL Navi (pics soon)
          Retired CarPC - 03 Infiniti Qx4

Comment

Working...
          X