Xenarc screen in a 1998 HONDA ACCORD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenarc screen in a 1998 HONDA ACCORD

Hi Has any one installed a Xenarc screen in a 1998 HONDA ACCORD VTI and if you have any pics to show

Thanks
    Masterlp

This should be moved to the screen section...
    Aura MR62 (F and R)
    My Current MP3s
    IamDefiler.com

Comment

Moved and more descriptive topics please....

Comment

So is there any one has done this yet or do i have to be the first one to do this

Thanks
        Masterlp

Comment

There don't seem to be a large number of accord owners here, so unless you see one in the "show off your setup" section of the forum someone probably hasn't.

Owning a 93 accord and having looked through service manuals for accords they tend to have the DIN slots down low on the dash. Low enough to make it a damn pain to see the screen from your seat (and if you're in the back its blocked by the shifter) This may be different on newer models, I don't know. I mounted mine on the top of the dash. You can see my setup here.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=16904

I hope that gives you some Ideas.
          A digital mind lost in an analog world.

Learn to ask smart questions!
          http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

My car PC: The Lost Cause!

Comment

I have a gold '95 EX sedan, and my girlfriend has a blue '99 EX sedan. These pics should give an idea of the interiors, for those that aren't familiar with Accords:

The 98-02 body style (the second one) looks perfect for a carputer. Don't know how the Xenarc dimensions compare with the opening (double-DIN?), but the placement is great. My '95 (similar to above pic), on the other hand, is awfully low (as fluggy 2097 pointed out).

Don't be afraid of being the first, masterlp!

Comment

Thanks for the reply fluffy 2097 and linus it looks like im might have to be the first one to do it i cant wait to put the Xenarc screen its just i wanted a idea to see how it look like if some on else has done.

Thanks
              Masterlp

Comment

Originally posted by masterlp
                Thanks for the reply fluffy 2097 and linus it looks like im might have to be the first one to do it i cant wait to put the Xenarc screen its just i wanted a idea to see how it look like if some on else has done.

Thanks
                Masterlp
                Actually second or third...

I have a 99 accord as well, my project will be staring soon

By SEARCHING "accord din slot" I pulled this http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ccord+din+slot

Then searching his name pulled this up http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/sear...searchid=33520

Hope that helps
                - 3+ years & still no carputer!
                - Done collecting parts
                - Currently planning setup

Comment

Some great info in the thread. I took the poormans route and got a 14.1" desktop LCD to use in my 99 Accord. There really doesn't seem to be a good place to mount it though. I want to do as little damage (modification) to the existing dash as I can get away with. I'd really like to keep my HU where it's at. This has been the biggest obstical to the whole carputer so far. The idea I am pondering now is to take out the guts of the glove box (which I hate to have to give up), slap a motor on the door, and have the door slide down, and the screen pop up out of where the glove box used to be. I just can't think of any other place to put it. You Accord owners have any ideas?
                  members.cox.net/shane1234

Comment

have you thought about removing the pasenger airbag???
                    Lots of room there to have it vertically raise...............

btw, if you move the head unit to the lower audio console, available at www.handa-accessories.com you will be able put a 7" in the double din

This is what I am thinking, or just moving the AC controls, and modifying it for a bigger screen!!!

Ryan
                    Just getting started........

Comment

This is from my 2000 Civic - I removed the head unit,
                      Maybe the pics will help : http://www.hjnetworks.com/car/video.htm
                      Gizmo-
                      Techonlogy on Wheels
                      http://www.hjnetworks.com/car

Comment

The xenarc fits perfectly in the dash of a 1998 accord with only minimal needed modifications. Mine looks like in came preinstalled.
                        Biostar MicroATX with 2600+ XP-M
                        Xenarc TS VGA
                        60GB Notebook Drive
                        Opus 150W PSU
                        Rikaline 6010 GPS
                        Gyration Keyboard and Mouse (for passengers)
                        Creative USB Sound Processor for easy headunit aux input integration
                        Motorola Droid Wifi Hotspot service

Comment

Comment

no ****...almost 2 years
                            CarPC #3: 99% Complete
                            Pentium M 1.7Ghz, 1GB DDR2 RAM
                            DVD/CD-RW installed in dash below monitor
                            OEM LCD relocated for 7" Touchscreen
                            Wi-Fi, GPS, PS2 controllers...
                            500+ full albums
                            4,000+ video games
                            music videos, movies, & more!
                            old carPC

Comment

Check my sig, not a Xenarc its a Lilly but close enough.
                              This was the first "phase"

Before final paint. Bondo much better this time.

*Edit* - damn this thread is old
                              Pioneer DEH7600MP, Autotek MX-800.4, JL Audio XR650-CSi, Adire Audio Shiva

Done with CarPCs, using a iPaq 3765 PDA w/ Holux GM210 and TomTom

Comment

Working...
                              X