Composit to PSOne screen without Composit socket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Composit to PSOne screen without Composit socket

I think I remember to have read that it is possible to use a composit signal in one of these things even though it has no Composit socket, I think it's in one of the Pins, but can someone verify this for me since I seem to have some trouble finding it again (Can't remember if it was here or on DIYAudio I saw it)

The screen I'm thinking about is the Gamrevue since this is the only one I can get hold of without spending to much money.

I know it is possible to do the VGA hack on this screen but since I want to use it for other things than just my computer I would much rather use the Composit (And I aint that good at soldering )

It's not an Gamevue but an "Thrustmaster LCD XL Screenmate"
    Don't know why I wrote Gamevue

Comment

The screens vary on where they take composite in, official Sony screens have a four position 1/8" connector for Composite and Stereo line-in, most unofficial screens have standard RCA ports on the back for input. It's also possible the screen may take only RGB.

Comment

The pinout for the 4 pin Sony jack is something like tip is R audio, second from top is L audio, third is ground, fourth is composite (i think it's designed to screw up shielding if you assume the base pin is ground.. thanks Sony).. if you have that jack.

Comment

Working...
        X