Xenarc/Gain/Lilliput

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenarc/Gain/Lilliput

So I got a good question - I've already searched for an answer around the forums and haven't found anything.

Does anyone have the specs for the inverter of any of these displays? If they have a supported dimming option? I found one inverter online that can be used with the Hitachi display in the Lilliput, but it can't dim. Usually they just have one extra pin.

I haven't removed the guts of my old Xenarc yet to find out - but just curious if anyone might have already attempted this or know the answer.

I'm tired of my display lighting up my interior at night like a disco, I need to crank that backlight down badly.

thanks in advance guys!
    Brian Cozzens
    Duke Nukem Forever / Max Payne
    www.3drealms.com

Originally posted by Whaleboy
    So I got a good question - I've already searched for an answer around the forums and haven't found anything.

Does anyone have the specs for the inverter of any of these displays? If they have a supported dimming option? I found one inverter online that can be used with the Hitachi display in the Lilliput, but it can't dim. Usually they just have one extra pin.

I haven't removed the guts of my old Xenarc yet to find out - but just curious if anyone might have already attempted this or know the answer.

I'm tired of my display lighting up my interior at night like a disco, I need to crank that backlight down badly.

thanks in advance guys!
    Have you tried applying a 'night view' Windows color scheme ? OziExplorer, the GPS program that I use has a Night Vision mode that changes the display colors to various shades of dark red. There's a program called NiteView (http://www.astro.ufl.edu/~oliver/niteview/) that does this as well.

Comment

Originally posted by shchua
      Have you tried applying a 'night view' Windows color scheme ? OziExplorer, the GPS program that I use has a Night Vision mode that changes the display colors to various shades of dark red. There's a program called NiteView (http://www.astro.ufl.edu/~oliver/niteview/) that does this as well.
      yup, including setting a plain black screen saver to come up when not in use.. but the backlight remains just as bright as it was before. Still obnoxious...
      Brian Cozzens
      Duke Nukem Forever / Max Payne
      www.3drealms.com

Comment

Working...
      X