Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for M10000 owners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Question for M10000 owners

    I'm beginning a carputer project and have been gathering parts and one of the things I have is the Via epia M10000 mini itx board. I was just wondering how the onboard video is. I'm using a lilliput 7" vga lcd display that I got off ebay and I'll be using the carputer for mp3 playback and also dvd's divx movies and so on. Is the onboard video decent for this or am I going to have to go with a pci video card?

  • #2
    it'll be fine. only thing it would suck for is playing quake3
    '98 Explorer Sport
    http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
    AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
    80% done

    Comment


    • #3
      hah yeah thanks. Dont think I'll be doing too much graphics intensive gaming, especially while I'm driving.

      Comment


      • #4
        I can see the headlines now, man gets killed in car crash while playing quake 3. lol!
        EPIA 800, DWW-7VGA LCD w/Touchscreen, 256mb ram, dvd rom, ati radeon 7000 video card, 80 gb 3.5" hard drive.

        Comment


        • #5
          I have the Nehemiah M10000 - plays fullscreen DIVX back superbly - never had a DIVX movie glitch yet. - BJM2020 - did you have any issues with your touchscreen calibration? I have same screen and it's not playing ball (Touchscreen seems to think the screen is 90 degrees in other direction)
          Nehemiah M10000 board, 512Mb RAM, Win98'lite', 7" TFT DIN in-dash VGA touchscreen. IR keyboard. GPS.

          Comment


          • #6
            well I wish I could help you out but unfortunately I didnt order the touchscreen version, infact I just ordered it yesterday and dont even have it in my posession yet. I would have went with the touch but I barely had enough for the normal one at the time plus they're out of stock right now anyways so . But yeah thanks, it's good to know that movies will work well because I'll sure be doing a lot of that I have almost all the parts I need so hopefully I'll be able to post some pics soon.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Vittel
              I have the Nehemiah M10000 - plays fullscreen DIVX back superbly - never had a DIVX movie glitch yet. - BJM2020 - did you have any issues with your touchscreen calibration? I have same screen and it's not playing ball (Touchscreen seems to think the screen is 90 degrees in other direction)
              I did have the same problem as you. I even sent my screen back to digitalww thinking it was messed up. He looked at it and it worked with his pc. Do you have a mouse connected along with the touchscreen? That seemed to be my problem, i think. Try taking all of your peripherals off and trying one by one putting them back on. Thats what worked for me!
              EPIA 800, DWW-7VGA LCD w/Touchscreen, 256mb ram, dvd rom, ati radeon 7000 video card, 80 gb 3.5" hard drive.

              Comment


              • #8
                Cheers for suggestion - tried what you said - removed mouse etc - uninstalled drivers - reinstalled drivers etc with exactly the same results :/
                I've just set it up on a totally separate machine and it is exactly the same grrrr - I feel like ramming a screwdriver through the f'king screen at the moment.


                Originally posted by bjm2020
                I did have the same problem as you. I even sent my screen back to digitalww thinking it was messed up. He looked at it and it worked with his pc. Do you have a mouse connected along with the touchscreen? That seemed to be my problem, i think. Try taking all of your peripherals off and trying one by one putting them back on. Thats what worked for me!
                Nehemiah M10000 board, 512Mb RAM, Win98'lite', 7" TFT DIN in-dash VGA touchscreen. IR keyboard. GPS.

                Comment


                • #9
                  yeah, i know how you feel, I tried for two weeks to get it to work all of a sudden when I got it back it worked fine!

                  It kinda sucks because I finally got it working and then I sold it because I wanted a vga lcd. I just ordered the vga in dash lcd from digitalww.
                  EPIA 800, DWW-7VGA LCD w/Touchscreen, 256mb ram, dvd rom, ati radeon 7000 video card, 80 gb 3.5" hard drive.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Shipping my unit back for checkover isn't really an option for me (I'm in UK!)

                    (I'm hanging on for the GA700YY motorised VGA indash unit...(*when* it's released anyway! ))

                    But I want the Touchscreen working in the meantime!! I've tried the touchscreen on 4 different machines now - every one is exactly the same, can't be driver related - Armen - is it possible it has been wired incorrectly?
                    Nehemiah M10000 board, 512Mb RAM, Win98'lite', 7" TFT DIN in-dash VGA touchscreen. IR keyboard. GPS.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Vittel
                      I have same screen and it's not playing ball (Touchscreen seems to think the screen is 90 degrees in other direction)
                      Just a suggestion, perhaps you can swap the X and Y leads on the touchscreen connection to the touchscreen controller. From what I can gather, touchscreens are usually 4 wires. 2 wires should be the Y and 2 for the X. They work by providing a resistance based on where the screen is touched. If your X and Y are swapped, then you basically are rotating the screen by 90 degrees.

                      You will have to determine which of the 4 wires are the X and Y pair. Maybe they are labeled X+, X-, Y+ or Y-. If they are, sway X+ with Y+ and X- with Y- and you should get your rotation.

                      Take a look at page 4 of this USB touchscreen controller.

                      http://www.quad-engineering.com/Prod...tasheet_R2.pdf

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yes, I believe this to be the case - I don't mind doing this - but I'll wait for confirmation from Armen before proceeding - as you say, I'm also pretty sure it's the X/Y wiring that has been mixed up.


                        Originally posted by phc
                        Just a suggestion, perhaps you can swap the X and Y leads on the touchscreen connection to the touchscreen controller. From what I can gather, touchscreens are usually 4 wires. 2 wires should be the Y and 2 for the X. They work by providing a resistance based on where the screen is touched. If your X and Y are swapped, then you basically are rotating the screen by 90 degrees.

                        You will have to determine which of the 4 wires are the X and Y pair. Maybe they are labeled X+, X-, Y+ or Y-. If they are, sway X+ with Y+ and X- with Y- and you should get your rotation.

                        Take a look at page 4 of this USB touchscreen controller.

                        http://www.quad-engineering.com/Prod...tasheet_R2.pdf
                        Nehemiah M10000 board, 512Mb RAM, Win98'lite', 7" TFT DIN in-dash VGA touchscreen. IR keyboard. GPS.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I encode my divx movies with a 1200KBS compression and I also have the M10000 NEhemiah. I like the performance my ATI AIW 7500 gives. I can tell that DVDs and Divx movies play a little clearer. Get it!
                          Aopen i855GMEm-LFS with Dothan 1.8ghz
                          512mb DDR333
                          Windows XPpro SP2

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            OH yeah, you can play games with it too!
                            Aopen i855GMEm-LFS with Dothan 1.8ghz
                            512mb DDR333
                            Windows XPpro SP2

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X