Best tv-out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best tv-out?

Hey everyone, I'm putting together a first system with a load of stuff I had lying around, and I will be using a pyramid 7" widescreen I happen to have. My question is which vid cards have the best tv-out quality? I have an mx440 and an FX5200, so I know what they're like. I have never used an ATI card with tv-out.Thanks.

A lot ATI cards have much better TV out. The only one I've heard bad reviews about, was the Sapphire ATI motherboard with onboard video. The only reason it's bad is because it's a motherboard, and not a standalone video card.

Comment

According to an article on Tom's Hardware, the ATI's were supposed to have superior S-Video outputs than any other card. I think they even recommended the 9000 Pro as the best.

As most monitors are Composite, you will have to down convert that anyway using the suppiled adaptor.

I have one and really couldnt tell if it was any better than any other card I have with composite/Svideo output on a small screen such as a 5.8" TFT.

But read the article.

Craig
      Audi S8 supercar
      Modded Xbox 400GB HD
      Rear 7" screen & navplus

Toyota Hiace Van
      Shuttle PIII 866 256Mb 10GB OPUS powered
      MediaCar & Mappoint 2004
      Custom fit 7" TFT VGA TSK

Comment

thanks, I tried an old Rage Pro out, but it won't overscan to fill the screen so I think I'll steal my g/f's MX440. Works like a charm with it.

Comment

Originally posted by craigyb
          According to an article on Tom's Hardware, the ATI's were supposed to have superior S-Video outputs than any other card. I think they even recommended the 9000 Pro as the best.

As most monitors are Composite, you will have to down convert that anyway using the suppiled adaptor.

I have one and really couldnt tell if it was any better than any other card I have with composite/Svideo output on a small screen such as a 5.8" TFT.

But read the article.

Craig
          Hmmmm I have the 9000 pro, no s-video on there. I also have the non-pro which DOES have s-video, but I didn't get any adapter with it, just the DVI-->VGA adapter. But the 9000Pro's composite out is very good I run it to watch DVD's on my big screen!

Comment

Working...
          X