Help please. I cannot setup my LCD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please. I cannot setup my LCD

Okay I am now on my second LCD. This one is brand new but is having the same exact problem as the last one I had. Basically it powers up, backlight comes on and I get audio but I get no video whether I use the video on my EPIA or on my DVD player. The screen is NTSC/PAL compatible so I was thinking between the 2 devices one of them should work. I am powering it off a modified PSU (boots w/o mobo) I stripped the red and black wires and hooked them to red and black LCD wires. Easy enough. The fact is I am sure it is something I am doing wrong because I am having the same exact problem with both LCDs. Any ideas?

its been a while but yellow is 12v+ right?
    Mine needs to be updated.

Comment

Originally posted by samc
      its been a while but yellow is 12v+ right?
      The yellow should be 12v. Its always I good idea to check everything with a multimeter. Better safe than sorry.
      2007 Tahoe
      Opus with iBase 896 and Pentium M 735 Transflective Xenarc Alpine DVA-9861, PXA-H900, Sinfoni 45X2 (2) 90x2, Genesis Dual Mono, JL 1000/1 (2), Focal Be tweeters, ScanSpeak Revelator Mids, Dynaudio MW170, Dayton 12" Ref.

My Install

Comment

Originally posted by ofthedove
        I am powering it off a modified PSU (boots w/o mobo) I stripped the red and black wires and hooked them to red and black LCD wires. Easy enough. The fact is I am sure it is something I am doing wrong because I am having the same exact problem with both LCDs. Any ideas?
        There lies the problem. A molex is wired as shown below:

----- Yellow +12V
        ----- Black Ground
        ----- Black Ground
        ----- Red +5V

Your only feeding your LCD 5v.

Comment

I'm going to bump this.
          So say I have my LCD. I would wire it from the yellow(+) and black(-) from my molex connector wires? Sounds simple enough. Is an ATX PSU off an inverter (same wattage as PSU) going to be stable enough (ie not fluctuating voltage) to support the LCD (voltage spikes and drops).

Edit-->

Upon seeing more posts by hijinks, and his use of the words "clean power" answers my question. Thanks, man I love these forums.
          My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
          2 Kicker Comp 10"
          Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
          Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
          Check it out?!

Comment

Working...
          X