Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vertical colored lines on screen?? HELP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vertical colored lines on screen?? HELP

    my screen for some reason is only displaying vertical colored lines.. its a 640x480 color datalux 10.4 lcd. it still detects a vga signal since when I power on the computer it detects the signal and turns on the backlight. but it only displays these vertical colored lines, reguardless of if the lcd is backlit or not. it used to just be black when off, now these lines reguardless. HELP!!!!!!

  • #2
    im 95% about to give up on my carputer. im so sick of these stupid problems, its not worth it. its so annoying when you go to put something new in and the whole thing craps out. this is the second time this has happened. I have tried now 3 sound cards to make this thing sound good and it sounds like crap still. AREAFD~!!!!!!asdfsdfa

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by AlphaFox
      im 95% about to give up on my carputer. im so sick of these stupid problems, its not worth it. its so annoying when you go to put something new in and the whole thing craps out. this is the second time this has happened. I have tried now 3 sound cards to make this thing sound good and it sounds like crap still. AREAFD~!!!!!!asdfsdfa

      You quit after I wrote you that damn program and I'll kick your *** !

      (btw, did you try the new one with the visible timer and stuff ?)
      [H]4 Life
      My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
      It will be done sometime in the next generation.
      I'm a lesbian too.
      I am for hire!

      Comment


      • #4
        Allen has rectified the situation and is willing to help me out with a replacement setup. hes a good guy, thanks allen

        Comment


        • #5
          Im not sure the carputer thing is all its cracked up to be:

          GPS: there is no automotive version of any gps software so we are foced to use cumbersome desktop versions which arent too friendley for cars. they work, yes, but they are a pain to controll in a car

          Audio: I have not found ANY good usb sound cards, and even the audigy 2 nx lacks bass like a regular stereo produces. crap!

          Video: is it even worth it to use 800x600 on a 7" screen??

          Games: who just sits in their car and plays games. if you have time to do this, get a life!

          Power: its a PITA to get power from 12v, esp if your perifrials use a different voltage. I have a laptop so I have to make voltage regulators for everything..


          end of rant

          Comment


          • #6
            You should have thought of all this before you started lol

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mikekniner
              You should have thought of all this before you started lol

              how was I supposed to know all this crap before I started??

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by AlphaFox
                how was I supposed to know all this crap before I started??

                Murphy's Law
                [H]4 Life
                My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                I'm a lesbian too.
                I am for hire!

                Comment


                • #9
                  I was ****ed when I wrote this thread, so if I sound like a dork thats why. a carputer is cool and can be made to work good, but I was just mad at all the little things going wrong.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by AlphaFox
                    GPS: there is no automotive version of any gps software so we are foced to use cumbersome desktop versions which arent too friendley for cars. they work, yes, but they are a pain to controll in a car
                    I realize you were just in a bad mood, but CoPilot does indeed seem to be made for the car...Just don't want any newbies to read your post and get discouraged

                    - Taylor

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      well the more I think about it the more discouraged I get!
                      I really need to see a good carputer in person and experience it I guess. You say copilot works well for the car? I'll have to check it out.
                      And if it has bad sound, i will be very sad. Very.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        One of the major reasons I started my car computer project was that I knew I was going to have a ton of annoying, pain in the *** problems. I needed a summer project that would let me excersise problem solving skills.

                        These problems are the fun part of building a custom system. How satisfying would it really be if everything came right together installed no problem and worked first try?

                        I'm far more proud of my system now that I've beaten it into submission and forced it to do my bidding.

                        Remember, Obsticals are those frightening things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.
                        A digital mind lost in an analog world.

                        Learn to ask smart questions!
                        http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

                        My car PC: The Lost Cause!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by DinoBite
                          well the more I think about it the more discouraged I get!
                          I really need to see a good carputer in person and experience it I guess. You say copilot works well for the car? I'll have to check it out.
                          And if it has bad sound, i will be very sad. Very.
                          get use to diasppointment

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I suppose that if it were really easy then too many people would be doing it and it wouldnt be that unique.

                            Unique is good!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X