Geforce FX in and clone display working :P

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geforce FX in and clone display working :P

OK fitted my Geforce FX 5200 128mb card today, and have cloned the display to my 2 rear tv's in the headrest, pictures to come tonight if anyone is interested
    www.fsplanes.net NEW site

AMD XP 1800+ / 256mb ram ddr / 2 x 60gig hdd / Asus mobo micro ATX / GF-FX5200 / BU 303 GPS reciever / dlink usb radio

Software:
    Window's XP SP1 / USB Radio / Destinator v2 / Mediacar / 3000 mp3's / 30 movies

Not brill pic's but more to come,

Originally posted by Sunglassesron
    OK fitted my Geforce FX 5200 128mb card today, and have cloned the display to my 2 rear tv's in the headrest, pictures to come tonight if anyone is interested

The reason the cable is there, is I remove the headrests and put them in the boot if I go anywhere and leave the car dodgy

AMD XP 1800+ / 256mb ram ddr / 2 x 60gig hdd / Asus mobo micro ATX / GF-FX5200 / BU 303 GPS reciever / dlink usb radio

Software:

Comment

man if/when i have kids, that is so what im doing. the STFU value will be totally immense. Also, you thought about getting something that will camoflauge the screens? Like a little flap thats the same material as the headrests you can just cover?

Comment

What brand of lcds are you using for the rears?
        '03 Sierra Denali

Comment

Originally posted by rgardjr
          What brand of lcds are you using for the rears?
          Dont know, sorry.

I've had them in the car about 2 years

Software:

Comment

Very cool...I knew it would work...
            Aura MR62 (F and R)
            My Current MP3s
            IamDefiler.com

Comment

Can you post a picture of rear LCD? (not a night picture) I want to see how the are mounted.

Thx.
              Project done in: [####################] - 85%
              - Custom center console
              - Custom trunk
              Se my project here

Comment

Originally posted by Goose
                Can you post a picture of rear LCD? (not a night picture) I want to see how the are mounted.

Thx.
                They are screwed into the inside of the headrest, the headrest has plastic paneling inside after the cushioning material

You just screen the base to that, then fit the screen in

Software:

Comment

the real question is do you ever have people sit in the back? heh

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaFox
                    the real question is do you ever have people sit in the back? heh
                    Prob the same answer to "DO you really need a Computer in your car"

Software:

Comment

funny, any american can subscribe to the "excess is american" methodology. Why have a pc in your car? Why go to the moon as many times as we did? Because we can!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunglassesron
                        What are you using the computer for? How are you controlling the computer i.e. mouse/keyboard/voice control? How do you package the keyboard?
                        I take it you are using desktop components, how have you secured them together to stop the vibrations destroying the PCB's?

Comment

Originally posted by Beetleman
                          What are you using the computer for?

How are you controlling the computer i.e. mouse/keyboard/voice control? How do you package the keyboard?
                          I take it you are using desktop components, how have you secured them together to stop the vibrations destroying the PCB's?

I am using the computer to play MP3's, Videos, Run my GPS Navigation, Radio, you name it, whatever you do on a desktop pc, you can do in your car.... Read the forum's thats what Carputers are all about

I control the pc via A 7" touch screen that alows your fingers to work like a mouse, I also have a wireless mouse and keyboard for emergency's, but the windows XP on screen keyboard is good enough for GPS use.

I am using a full micro ATX pc, which is fairly small, it sits in the boot and is run form an invertor, there are other ways of doing it, but I run a XP 1800 cpu which needs more power than most DC-Dc converters can supply. There is no worries anout vibrations as its housed in a normal mini tower case

Hope this helps

Software:

Comment

Nice job Ron- very
                            Are those rear monitors vga? So now you have on-board and pci graphics, are you able to have two different outputs then? i.e. GPS up front and DVD's at the back? From something I vaguely remember from another post, I'm assuming this is why you're doing this.
                            In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(")
                            Bunny's first poo
                            __ U

Comment

Originally posted by Spaghetti
                              Nice job Ron- very
                              Are those rear monitors vga? So now you have on-board and pci graphics, are you able to have two different outputs then? i.e. GPS up front and DVD's at the back? From something I vaguely remember from another post, I'm assuming this is why you're doing this.

Thanks..

I am using a AGP Geforce FX card, and the onboard Geforce 2 is redundunt for the time being, I needed a V card with composite out, for the rear screens, they are not VGA, just standard TV Screens, LCD.

I dont see why I cant port the GPS to the GF2 and run that seperate, I wanted to use the clone screen function more though, so people in the back can watch movies, follow GPS etc, its for show tbh more than it is usefull, but hey why not !!

Cheers
                              ron

Software:

Comment

Working...
                              X