Good 6 or 7 inch LCD for Sun Visor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good 6 or 7 inch LCD for Sun Visor

I'm having a hard time figuring out what to go with; what do you guys use? I want to put one into my 2003 Tacoma. I want to do VGA in as well w/640x480. my PC will run FreeBSD 5.1.

Thanks !!

www.eyeareque.com

anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by eyeareque
      anyone?
      I dont think they have VGA visors yet.
      The best you can do is to buy a TFT visor.
      Check ebay.

Comment

Sunvisor monitors

We sell Sunvisor monitors (6" and 7" widescreen TFT LCD ), but no VGA option is available.

check this page: www.allcam.biz/products/car_monitor.html

Thanks

Paul
        Allcam -World of Portables
        www.allcam.biz
        www.allcam.co.uk
        www.my-mp3-player.co.uk

Comment

What are you trying to do? Are you wanting to put a 7 inch vga screen that you can buy seperately (plenty of those around...) into your visor?
          In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(")
          Bunny's first poo
          __ U

Comment

I want to cut a hole into my visor and inset a 7" vga screen into it. I like the idea of it being in the visor because then if you look into my truck you'd have no idea I had it in there. I've measured out the screen, and a 6 inch would fit nicely., but a 7" lcd would fit also i think.

Thanks

eyeareque

Originally posted by Spaghetti
            What are you trying to do? Are you wanting to put a 7 inch vga screen that you can buy seperately (plenty of those around...) into your visor?

Comment

This is something I plan to do soon.

I have been doing some preliminary checks and have a hit on some things you need to allow for.

First is the weight, even with only 200g added, every visor I have checked droops down under its own weight whilst stationary. Stiffening up the hinge side will obviously fix this...........

Second is cooling. To use a TFT in a visor I am pretty sure you will not get away with simply embedding it since there will be no airflow. Has anyone seen the commercial versions? I have an idea on how to achieve good cooling without cutting holes in the back of the visor, but I'll wait until I have tested it before recommending it

Scott

Comment

If you have enough room for one of these (http://digitalww.com/LCD_TM_703X_BLACK.htm) I can make it VGA. Just like with TM-701L.

Armen

I'm having a hard time figuring out what to go with; what do you guys use? I want to put one into my 2003 Tacoma. I want to do VGA in as well w/640x480. my PC will run FreeBSD 5.1.

Thanks !!

www.eyeareque.com
                http://www.digitalww.com

Comment

is it possible to use a screen that has Svideo/RCA in for a monitor? I'm curious if you could use aim/surf the web on a low quality video connection.

Comment

Can anyone comment on this?

Thanks

is it possible to use a screen that has Svideo/RCA in for a monitor? I'm curious if you could use aim/surf the web on a low quality video connection.

Comment

It's pretty easy to install a screen right into your visor(s). You have to know your visor's depth and the depth of the screen, otherwise it'll be to thick and won't fit right. Also, most, if not all, visors have a metal rod going across the top so you have to account for that when choosing a screen size. I fit 6" screens into my car's front visors and they just barely made it, length-wise. I think the raw Lilliput screen should fit since it's about 0.5" in depth, but then you have to mount the board somewhere. I don't think the cased Lilliput will fit into a visor. You might have to wait until another vga screen is out.
                      P4 2.4GHz, Intel mobo w/onboard sound & video, 128MB memory, 100GB Seagate Momentus laptop drive, Xenarc 700TSV 7" touchscreen, IRman using Girder, 150W Opus dc/dc psu, Alpine CDA-9835 h/u, MBQuart speakers, Infinity 15" sub, MTX amps.

Comment

I have a 6.4" svhs/rca monitor, and have to say it's fine for just MP3 playback, but to do GPS and surfing it's a pain, text is very poor unless you drop the resolution right down. just got myself a lilliput VGA which will replace when i can do the recabling.

therefore my recommendation get a VGA

Comment

Working...
                        X