Lillupt Touch Screens - watch out!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lillupt Touch Screens - watch out!

I bought the lilliput touch screen from extreme audio of Hong Kong, the ebay auction said that all monitors had the touch screen built in and 'the monitor is exactly the same'. The 22 ($35) paid for the driver and cable. THIS IS INCORRECT. I got my lilliput today, and guess what, no touchscreen and no usb interface PCB inside. I found this out as the damn cable I had didn't work at all. Now I am well p****d off as I needed touch screen. I cannot believe that 22 pays for the touch sensitive panel, cable, usb board and driver. I feel I've been riped off big time!!!!!!!!! What should I do as now ive opened it I have no warranty.

The quality of the monitor is ace tho, running it at 1024x768 @ 85hz. Crystal clear!

advice needed,

marc

The auction URL is
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ory=14946&rd=1

What is the URL of the auction?
    ME-6000, Lilliput 7" vga + touch, generic GPS, RedHat 9, custom mapping software.

Comment

Lilliput 7" XGA TFT Car Monitor w/audio and Touch Screen (optional)
      Touch Screen USB interface (optional please see below "Accessories" for details)

Upgrade to Touch Screen:

Please add $35 USD/22 GBP to upgrade. Forget about the mouse or the small touch pad on laptops, with this upgrade you can now control directly and easily by touching on the screen. Strongly recommended for car use!! Instructions will be sent out when an order is placed.

Package includes driver and software, compatible for Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP.

Touch screen is built-in and the monitor is exactly the same. The touch screen is using USB interface.
      If you thought that the non-touch screen monitors and the touch-screen monitors were exactly the same just without a cable then you are just dumb.

Did you really think they would send you the touchscreen for free and the $35 was just for a cable ?

You didn't get ****ed, you just didn't read carefully enough.

Sorry about your bad luck, maybe you can sell it to someone who doesn't need touchscreen, or buy an aftermarket one.
      [H]4 Life
      My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
      It will be done sometime in the next generation.
      I'm a lesbian too.
      I am for hire!

Comment

Does anyone know when armen is going to get more DWW-7VGAs available?

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
          If you thought that the non-touch screen monitors and the touch-screen monitors were exactly the same just without a cable then you are just dumb.
          reckon you need to rethink your use of language.

I have seen it advertised and re-read what you have pasted from EBAY. To me it reads that 22 extra will get you the same monitor with touch interface and the appropriate cables. Am I dumb too?

Scott

Comment

marc456,

Suggest they have simply sent the wrong screen to you, they have provided the proper cable but not a screen with the touch panel fitted.......... get in touch with them, I'm sure they will sort you out....

Scott

Comment

I must say that was a bit harsh. Even for a monkey...
              Aura MR62 (F and R)
              My Current MP3s
              IamDefiler.com

Comment

well seriously why would a monitor come with the Touch panel in it if you just bought the monitor? Thats like car manufacturers putting giving you an extra rim just not the tire.
                Mine needs to be updated.

Comment

Exactly I agree this makes no sense at all. Maybe they just messed up and sent you the wrong screen.

Contact the vendor ask him whats the deal.

Good luck
                  What im curently listening to.
                  My complete carpc setup

Comment

im with frodo on this one, it clearly states several times that touchscreen is optional
                    92 Taurus SHO - Daily driver - Epia M10000 80GB 512mb 7" touchscreen, Opus PSU etc

93 Black SHO - 30mpg cruiser

90 Silver SHO - 419whp fun/project car, CarPC to come (for tuning)

Comment

Originally posted by ScottC
                      reckon you need to rethink your use of language.

I have seen it advertised and re-read what you have pasted from EBAY. To me it reads that 22 extra will get you the same monitor with touch interface and the appropriate cables. Am I dumb too?

Scott

apparently , what you just said is exactly right, same monitor, with touch interface & cables

And it is the same monitor, just he got the one without the touch overlay
                      [H]4 Life
                      I'm a lesbian too.
                      I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by guitar333
                        im with frodo on this one, it clearly states several times that touchscreen is optional

exactly, if he wanted the touch screen, he should have forked over the extra $35

I'm not trying to be rude, but not understanding what you are getting when it is clearly stated is not the fault of the vendor.
                        [H]4 Life
                        I'm a lesbian too.
                        I am for hire!

Comment

exactly, if he wanted the touch screen, he should have forked over the extra $35

I'm not trying to be rude, but not understanding what you are getting when it is clearly stated is not the fault of the vendor.
                          The OP posted that he paid the extra for the touch interface in his first post. Therefore he expected to receive a touchscreen LCD and the cables, as he ordered.

Or did he not post that? I'll re-read it, but I'm sure he said he paid 22 extra, which is what I plan to do and I certainly will expect a touchscreen with cables!

Scott

Comment

I dont see him saying that he paid the extra money. What I think he said is he didn't believe that you could buy a touchscreen overlay, the cable and the driver disk for 35.00 us. Fine, he didn't believe it, he also didn't pay it so he didn't get it. Also, there is no mention of a touchscreen in that ad on eBay without it being followed by the word...OPTIONAL...What does he think optional means? It means it doesn't come with it for the stated price. I bet he could get one for additional cost from the vendor and put it on himself.

Just my .07 cents worth (.02 adjusted for inflation)
                            Stop Buying New Music CD's.
                            Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

Does anyone have internal dimensions on these units yet???? Are they as bright as they are supposed to be????
                              Stop Buying New Music CD's.
                              Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

Working...
                              X