Got my TM-710VGT today...touchscreen issues:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my TM-710VGT today...touchscreen issues:

LCD powered up fine, so I installed the usb touchscreen drivers. The touchscreen worked great for about a 1/2 hour, then I stsrted hearing the "bong" sound every few minutes (the sound you hear when you insert a USB device). Then the TS just quit working. Then I kept getting the "bong" sound and message of "new usb hardware found" (every 20-60 seconds). Tried re-installing the drivers...no success. It almost seems like it quit when the screen got hot.

Anyone else have issues with their new screens from digitalWW?
    -AL
    * 2000 Ford Expedition
    * EPIA M10000/512 meg RAM, Win XP PRO, 90w OPUS, 80 gig HD
    * TM-710VGT LCD, Wireless mouse, keyboard
    * M-Audio Sound Card, 2 Alumapro 10" subs, 2 PPI Amps (1kW)

This sounds like a driver issue. Try the new drivers from our site: http://digitalww.com/downloads.htm

The drivers that come with the monitors seem to be old.

Armen

Originally posted by -al-
    LCD powered up fine, so I installed the usb touchscreen drivers. The touchscreen worked great for about a 1/2 hour, then I stsrted hearing the "bong" sound every few minutes (the sound you hear when you insert a USB device). Then the TS just quit working. Then I kept getting the "bong" sound and message of "new usb hardware found" (every 20-60 seconds). Tried re-installing the drivers...no success. It almost seems like it quit when the screen got hot.

Anyone else have issues with their new screens from digitalWW?
    http://www.digitalww.com

Comment

I will try the new drivers, but why did it work fine for 1/2 hour?

-AL
      -AL
      * 2000 Ford Expedition

Comment

I have my new sceen also and am most pleased with the quality of build screen resolution and touch calibration it is far more accurate that my last 10.4" touch screen I had!

I have yet to do any time trials due to waiting for an inverter for my EPIA-M

but as far as first impressions go I am exceptionally pleased with my monitor and I have to say it was well worth the wait!

Nice one Armen!!

Originally posted by -al-
        I will try the new drivers, but why did it work fine for 1/2 hour?

-AL
        Lilliput 8", C134 EPIA-M 900 (Black), A1-ITX, 256 Mb RAM, 40 Gb HDD, DVD, 802.11g, mini keyboard

Comment

I tried the new touchscreen drivers, but the touch feature dies after 20-30 minutes (just when the screen seems to get warm). I wonder if there is something in the screen that is getting hot and failing?
          -AL
          * 2000 Ford Expedition

Comment

You hear the Bong when a USB device is unplugged. You are hearing it quite a bit. Seems to me that the Comp is either actually losing it's connection to the USB touchscreen or it's getting fooled into thinking it's lost it's connection. Voltages? Cabling? I don't know. If it wasn't the Touchscreen Drivers could it have been the USB controller Drivers? Did you check out the latest drivers for your MOBO / USB Host Controller?

I would Try another USB port. They are usually in pairs. If you have 4, go to a diff pair. make sure the cables are stable. I wouldn't tell you to open your monitor or anything, but who knows how solid the connections are inside.

Disclaimer: I'm a newbie here and as such, know jack squat about LCDs. Take my comments with a grain of salt.
            Just thinking of what I would try if I just got a TS LCD and it was messing with me.

Good Luck

Comment

I'd try keeping everything rock steady with a good fan on the setup and see what happens.
              Scott

MCS-PC
              Epia M-10000
              XP Pro; 512MB; 60GB (2.5")
              Panasonic Slot SlimDVD/CD-RW
              7" Lilliput (Touchscreen)
              Casetronic C137 w/ 90W PSU (Temp)
              19V Laptop Adapter (Temp)

Comment

How long is your USB cable between the computer and the screen? Excessive length could cause this.
                1992 525iM - 1989 325is - 1993 525iT
                7.4" Lilliput w/touch, M10000. GPS, TV, DVD, WiFi.

Comment

I'll check the mobo voltages tonight after work.

The case is on a workbench (until it is installed in truck) and I have the opus connected to the truck battery. The voltage from the battery varies between 11.5 and 13.5v.

USB cable is only 4' long, and yes I tried another usb port on the mobo.

I would update the usb drivers, but that still woudn't explain why it works great for 30 minutes, then dies.
                  -AL
                  * 2000 Ford Expedition

Comment

Working...
                  X