Auto turnon Lilliput?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto turnon Lilliput?

I finally got my ebay screen (3 weeks later), and everything seems to be all in order... I have two questions about it...

Is there a way to have it auto power up??

Is there a way to keep the blue buttons lite up all the time, or is there some backlight mode or something like that at dark??

Thanks guys. Screen is excellent. Little bit of fuzzyness here and there, but that comes and goes.. other then that, great screen. can't wait to get my car to put it in and mode it into the dash.

Horn Relay Perhaps?

As far as automatically turning it on goes you could use a good old horn relay (30Amp) I think. It should be able to handle the drag of the screen. Hook it up to the remote switching cable of your head unit or your carputer and your set. If you would like a more indepth description then please don't hesitate to ask.

Simon
    My Alfa Romeo Sprint page
    What am I selling on ebay today?

Comment

Originally posted by eminence
      As far as automatically turning it on goes you could use a good old horn relay (30Amp) I think. It should be able to handle the drag of the screen. Hook it up to the remote switching cable of your head unit or your carputer and your set. If you would like a more indepth description then please don't hesitate to ask.

Simon
      Ya i know how to use a relay to turn things on, but when i apply power to the screen (pluggin in the a/c connector to the screen), it will get power, but then you have to physically push the power button to turn it on... I want to turn it on automaticly when the power is applied to the screen without having to push the power button physically. (ya i'm lazy)

Comment

Remote?

Originally posted by slboytoy
        Ya i know how to use a relay to turn things on, but when i apply power to the screen (pluggin in the a/c connector to the screen), it will get power, but then you have to physically push the power button to turn it on... I want to turn it on automaticly when the power is applied to the screen without having to push the power button physically. (ya i'm lazy)
        How about using the remote?

Comment

Originally posted by yuprules
          How about using the remote?
          Would that be automaticly?? No, it would be pushing a button... There must be an autoturn on somewhere....

Comment

I have already added an external power button, and my next step is to work in auto-turn on. Right now, my plan is to use an AVR processor. When it recieves power, it will wait 1 sec, then flip a relay on for 1/4 sec, then turn it off and go to sleep.

The AVR is probably overkill, but I already have a dev board and 3 chips. I am sure you could accomplish the same thing with a RC network, but I have never been that good with them. Same with the 555 timer IC.

If anyone has an easier solution, I would love to hear it.
            Attached Files
            ME-6000, Lilliput 7" vga + touch, generic GPS, RedHat 9, custom mapping software.

Comment

Wow

Originally posted by ciagon
              I have already added an external power button, and my next step is to work in auto-turn on. Right now, my plan is to use an AVR processor. When it recieves power, it will wait 1 sec, then flip a relay on for 1/4 sec, then turn it off and go to sleep.

The AVR is probably overkill, but I already have a dev board and 3 chips. I am sure you could accomplish the same thing with a RC network, but I have never been that good with them. Same with the 555 timer IC.

Wow...start building those and sell them to us in the board!

Comment

What about something like this:
                DEI 528T Pulse Timer Relay

Use an acc lead to trigger. It says its adjustable up to 90 seconds. Couldn't you just put one of these in place of the momentary switch? I think this is the same thing that your building. I don't know how much you'd spend doing it your way.
                '03 Sierra Denali

Comment

Originally posted by rgardjr
                  I don't know how much you'd spend doing it your way.
                  The AVR's are about $5 and the relay is probably $1. It is still a pain in the *** writing the assembly and figuring out how to program the thing.
                  ME-6000, Lilliput 7" vga + touch, generic GPS, RedHat 9, custom mapping software.

Comment

The AVR's are about $5 and the relay is probably $1. It is still a pain in the *** writing the assembly and figuring out how to program the thing.
                    I just bought one of the DEI 528T off Ebay for $9.80 including shipping. I'll probably try to use it to start up my carputer.
                    '03 Sierra Denali

Comment

Holdind the power button on turns it on auto

Comment

Originally posted by polishMax
                        Holdind the power button on turns it on auto
                        Well, ****. Atleast that saves me some time. How did you figure this out?

BTW: Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Has anyone found a way to auto turn on the 1st gen Xenarc screen?
                          NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
                          If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

Holding the power button on doesn't seem to work on my new Lilliput. What did you do exactly?
                            Carputer Status: Prototype Install
                            EIPS M1000, 80GB HD, 512MB RAM, Win 98 SE
                            Lilliput 7" TFT Touchscreen, XM PCR running XM PC-CAR

Comment

So, does holding the power button enable the auto turn-on work?

Armen...?
                              -AL
                              * 2000 Ford Expedition
                              * EPIA M10000/512 meg RAM, Win XP PRO, 90w OPUS, 80 gig HD
                              * TM-710VGT LCD, Wireless mouse, keyboard
                              * M-Audio Sound Card, 2 Alumapro 10" subs, 2 PPI Amps (1kW)

Comment

Working...
                              X