Lilliput +cheap +composite

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput +cheap +composite

I am looking at interfacing an LCD screen with this device: http://www.dansdata.com/twintv.htm Which is a Famous Technology Twin TV storage device. There are many reasons I have chosen this device, but not enough time to go into them now. I will be using this device to play MP3s and far less frequently video.

I am intrigued by the Lilliput offerings because they are fully built rather than something like a Unipac screen which would require some sort of mounting in the car. I want the screen to be somewhat removable so I can use an AC adapter to play files from the Twin TV whilst outside of the car and with no TV.

I have spied the following screen which I think would be an ok unit for what I need.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=14946

But the screen must be able to display the following sort of screen in a readable way so I can browse the Twin TV.

So is the above screen ok for this application in your opinion? I know that a VGA compatible LCD would produce more accurate results but I don't have a VGA port on the Twin TV nor do I really have the cash.

Besides if the car gets broken into I don't want to lose too much in one swoop!

By the way the above eBay screen mentioned is a Lilliput 229GL-72N just incase the auction disappears for some reason.

Does anyone have one of these? Any comments?

Thanks,
    Simon
    My Alfa Romeo Sprint page
    What am I selling on ebay today?

No one has experience with this screen? Oh by theway the above menu screenshot is taken from a television.

Simon

Comment

It looks like an STN screen. Those are evil. You want to get an active matrix LCD (TFT).

Comment

Yeah I knew someone would post something similar to that. What I am trying to find out is if it would be enough to run this device. I can't find any TFTs on eBay.com.au or anywhere in Australia for that matter (JayCar excepted, but I don't want to pay $500AUD). I don't really want to spend more than $200AUD.

Simon

Comment

It's just fine for playing mp3s and displaying JPEGs. But the video is going to be horrible.

Comment

Oh ok, thanks for that.

Simon

Comment

After losing an auction I decided to go for one of these: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=16258

For the cash they seem quite good.

Simon

Comment

That menu looks like the same as on an APEX dvd player.
                2011 Nissan Frontier SL
                AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
                OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

Good spotting. It is in fact the menu system that is used on some cheap DVD players.

Simon

Comment

Working...
                  X