Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lilliput At Last!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lilliput At Last!!!!!!!!!!

    Hi all,

    I have just recieved my 7" VGA touchscreen Liliput monitor from cartft.com.

    No problems, no 'burnt in images' and touchscreen OK.

    Ordered it last Wednesday evening came via DHL today (Tuesday).

    Total cost to UK 309EUR (213.58) no duty or VAT

    Get one today from http://www.cartft.com/shop/catalog/item/?wm_item_id=112 before they are all gone!!!!!

    Just the install to go now and we should be up and finally running!!

    Regards
    blicky_1

  • #2
    Originally posted by blicky_1
    Hi all,

    I have just recieved my 7" VGA touchscreen Liliput monitor from cartft.com.

    No problems, no 'burnt in images' and touchscreen OK.

    Ordered it last Wednesday evening came via DHL today (Tuesday).

    Total cost to UK 309EUR (213.58) no duty or VAT

    Get one today from http://www.cartft.com/shop/catalog/item/?wm_item_id=112 before they are all gone!!!!!

    Just the install to go now and we should be up and finally running!!

    Regards
    blicky_1

    Stupid question but im lazy...do you know how much that would in in US dollars?
    http://www.detz.net/detzbmw.jpg

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by detz
      Stupid question but im lazy...do you know how much that would in in US dollars?
      $355.58..........

      Comment


      • #4
        dont tease us
        01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
        01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

        beer replenishment fund
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
        mp3car live search

        i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

        Comment


        • #5
          it says $296 on the site...
          slow carputer project...real slow due to college

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by outofmyway6
            it says $296 on the site...
            Yeah - there is a discount if you order out of the EU.

            Cheers,

            Taytay

            Comment


            • #7
              I've been looking at one of these but as I'm fairly new to this I don't want to rush into anything. Now I'm not saying that I know much about these things, but is this screen a VGA one? Why does it say XGA?

              The little reading I've done seems to suggest that you get a much clearer picture with a VGA LCD but I could of course be wrong. How does the screen measure up, is it nice and clear?

              Anyway, let me know what you think

              Comment


              • #8
                As far as I know XGA is a resolution mode something like 1024x768 & 32bit. And VGA is only a standard
                http://www.m2visio.de

                |-----------------------------
                |CAR ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM
                |-----------------------------
                |Epia m10000 w. 256mb
                |20gb 2.5,slimDVD
                |Morex Cubid 3688+ITPS
                |Lilliput VGA+Touchscreen
                |-----------------------------

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by wombar
                  I've been looking at one of these but as I'm fairly new to this I don't want to rush into anything. Now I'm not saying that I know much about these things, but is this screen a VGA one? Why does it say XGA?

                  The little reading I've done seems to suggest that you get a much clearer picture with a VGA LCD but I could of course be wrong. How does the screen measure up, is it nice and clear?

                  Anyway, let me know what you think
                  Don't quote me on it but as far as i'm aware XGA is better than VGA (other members on this forum can you confirm this??)

                  Picture is bright (too bright in the dark!! have to turn down the brightness) and picture perfect in VGA with the touchscreen (once configured with a stylus) excellent and very accurate.

                  Composite in is also excellent with DVD and Dreamcast connected.

                  Remote control works fine. Not tried the internal speaker yet but will not be using it anyway.

                  These units are not recon units but new(vacuumed packed)!! They are shipped in a plain white box with all instructions in english and drivers for touchscreen and all leads. There is no serial number on the back and no Liliput badge on the front. (they look better without it, see the picture on his website it is the exact model)

                  Units are shipped with the EU style (shaver socket in the UK) 110-240 AC adapter but use a shaver adapter and all works OK, no ciggy lighter adapter though as Lilliput have forgot to include these in the box (seems DWW and others have had the same problems not just this supplier)

                  Do not hesitate in buying from this supplier he will answer your mails within 24hrs (replied in less than an hour for me!!) unlike some on this forum

                  Also if enough of you buy from him i may even get a discount next time!!! (I will use him again without doubt)

                  Any questions please PM or mail me i will be glad to help as i know what it's like waiting for a screen!!!

                  Regards

                  blicky_1

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Cheers for the replies guys.

                    Like I said I'm pretty new to this Carputer malarky so I suspect that I'm just getting confused with VGA & XGA.

                    As long as the screen is clear enough for GPS then I'll be happy. I've just finished looking for a car and I got lost quite a few times going to look at various cars so I'd really like this feature as I cant be arsed to carry around a load of different maps.

                    I'll be building my system within the next few weeks (I hope) so I'll have to let you know how I get on. I suspect that as with everyone else, mounting the screen is going to be the difficult bit. I'm gonna attempt to install it in an empty recess in my car and maybe have a go at fabricating a bracket to slide it out on.

                    Cheers dudes!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X