Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't know how, I don't know why, but I'm ecstatic! (848x480 on M10k)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know how, I don't know why, but I'm ecstatic! (848x480 on M10k)

I don't know what has changed from the last time I tried it, but I have just managed to get my Epia M10000 onboard video to display 848x480.

I just tried to put my Voodoo 3 2000 PCI in (as I'm pretty sure it runs lots of resolutions), but my hard drive span itself down again as it tried to load Windows.

Anyway, booting back into Windows this time (without the Voodoo installed) it all loaded up fine, and I was able to select [email protected] from the "List All Modes" option in display properties/settings/advanced/adapter!

Whether I could reproduce that after a format...I don't know...but i'm gonna be chucking my Ghost boot disk in now and take an image of the drive

Oh yeah...driver version I'm using (in case it's just because of this!) is: 6.13.10.0021-01.19.01 (linked, in case anyone wants to try it )

Garry
    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
    www.aimee.cc

Just so I understand correctly, this is with the onboard video?
    '03 Sierra Denali

Comment

yes he said he tried to use his voodoo card but windows didn't bootup.. so then he took it out and was able to use widescreen res with the onboard vga
      '98 Explorer Sport
      http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
      AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
      80% done

Comment

Originally posted by rgardjr
        Just so I understand correctly, this is with the onboard video?
        Yes, this is with the onboard video on the Epia M10000.

Whether it had anything to do with the Voodoo or whether it's just drivers...i'm not sure. But i've got 848x480 on it so i'm all like

Garry
        Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
        www.aimee.cc

Comment

Sweeeeeet!!

Comment

"By '16:9 support' do you mean getting 848x480 resolution? This resolution does become available when TV-out is active, it not listed on the standard resolution tab but if you go to 'Advanced' -> 'Adaptor' -> 'List All Modes' it should be there.

I downloaded a free utility called multires from www.entechtaiwan.com. With that installed it 'remembered' the 848x480 resolution and now I can switch to it even when tv-out is not active. "

This is a quote from VIA EPIA and Mini-ITX Arena forum.
            I tried that and its working, but I don't like how some dialog windows are half hidden and OK, CANCEL, APPLY etc. buttons are unreachable. So I'm back to 800x600.
            The native 800x480 resolution of the most 7" LCD's shouldn't have this problem. But we can't get it from the onboard video right now.
            <>My previous Car PC<>

Comment

The drivers to do 848x480 with the onboard video are on the via website. It's closer, but it still doesn't match the native display resolution

Comment

Call me crazy but couldnt you edit the registry in win 9x for custom resolutions?

Comment

Well I loaded up this resolution and it didn't look very good. The bottom part of the screen was cutoff to where I couldn't see the bottom task bar. The text looked crummy too on the desktop icons. What refresh rate should I be using? I thought that 800x600 looked better, but I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong.
                  '03 Sierra Denali

Comment

To clarify the ability to select the 848x480 and 725x480 (ie usual TV modes).

The driver you are using is a much older driver than the current ones.

When I originally installed Win2K on my M10K I installed the drivers off the CD which came with the motherboard. It'd never been plugged into a TV, yet I could select all resolutions including 725x480 and 848x480 and it would display via the VGA.

When I then updated the drivers to the latest from the VIA Motherboard division, NOT ViaArena, the available resolutions change and I could only select standard resolutions. All the resolutions which are supposed to be TV only were no longer selectable without a TV plugged in.

Having the 848x480, 725x480 as selectable resolution for VGA output has been removed in the later drivers from VIA.

When using the VIA M10K and a Lilliput I always get Over Range at any non standard VGA resolution so no 725x480 etc.

Using my P4 with GF4 I can display resolutions other than the standard ones on the Lilliput.

Comment

Originally posted by Nelbert
                      To clarify the ability to select the 848x480 and 725x480 (ie usual TV modes).

The driver you are using is a much older driver than the current ones.

When I originally installed Win2K on my M10K I installed the drivers off the CD which came with the motherboard. It'd never been plugged into a TV, yet I could select all resolutions including 725x480 and 848x480 and it would display via the VGA.

When I then updated the drivers to the latest from the VIA Motherboard division, NOT ViaArena, the available resolutions change and I could only select standard resolutions. All the resolutions which are supposed to be TV only were no longer selectable without a TV plugged in.

Having the 848x480, 725x480 as selectable resolution for VGA output has been removed in the later drivers from VIA.

When using the VIA M10K and a Lilliput I always get Over Range at any non standard VGA resolution so no 725x480 etc.

Using my P4 with GF4 I can display resolutions other than the standard ones on the Lilliput.
                      I haven't been able to get my Liliput to display 848X480 since I had success the first time. I just get an over range now. I would like to see what 848X480 is supposed to look like on my Lilliput.
                      '03 Sierra Denali

Comment

848x480 on 7" lilly look pretty cool, good if you set refresh to 75Hz, OSD Info on Lilly should show then: 848x480, horiz sync: 37.7Khz, Vert refresh: 75.0Hz
                        I did this on Geforce2 on my desctop pc, but cant do on my Epia M10000 with new drivers, does somebody have earlier driver, that (somebody told) has wide screen options in there?
                        '93 Opel Vectra A with Custom Dash with 7" lilliput
                        VoomPC/M1-ATX/M10K/256 RAM/20GB 2,5' HDD/Gemtek USB Radio/WinLite/RoadRunner
                        http://zvi.home.ge/pics/?dir=vextra

Comment

this was post already some time ago...

I also use 848x480...

@zvi as said before this mode is "hidden"...

You 'll find it under [email protected] from the "List All Modes" option in display properties/settings/advanced/adapter!
                          Epia M9000, lili 7" vga&touch & 2xTM-7002S compo, camera with reversed image, 2.5" 60 GB, 256Mb DDR, Opus 90W, GPS usb... AND MEDIACRUISER of course!

Comment

OK, this is getting ridiculous. Could someone who has done this successfully, please post exactly how to get 848x480 on the Epia M10K with onboard video? Seems that every person has a different opinion on this.

Comment

PTCruser
                              Adapter -> list all modes does not have any nonstandard ress, like 848x480 or any, only standard 640x480, 800x600, 1024.768 etc..

I know that CLE266 supports 848x480, but these drivers, some releases show it, some not, as see from posts.. i have 1.13 BIOS and newest Drv from Viavpsd, tried driver from viaarena, tried that old one too, from CD, same: not shown any non standard res
                              '93 Opel Vectra A with Custom Dash with 7" lilliput
                              VoomPC/M1-ATX/M10K/256 RAM/20GB 2,5' HDD/Gemtek USB Radio/WinLite/RoadRunner
                              http://zvi.home.ge/pics/?dir=vextra

Comment

Working...
                              X