Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput 619GL-70NP (XGA) withTouchscreen purchased in UK from carTFT.com

Hi,

I just want to thank most of you and the search function!
    As now I am the pround father of a 7" Lilliput 619GL-70NP (XGA) with a Touchscreen from cartft.com.

I took a recomendation from a thread in this group about buying from this site (being in the UK) - I ordered it from cartft.com on the 13th and it arrived this morning on the 17th - pretty damn good! Nice friendly store to buy from - answered my email questions immediately!

I asked if they could check for dead pixels on the screen before it arrived - and they agreed. I can vouch that it's a perfect screen - no dead pixels
    VGA input is great - nice bright display and zero problems reading text (I have been browsing web pages fine.)
    Touchscreen functions well.

Anyway enough of my gushing about the screen (sorry - I'm just impressed :-)

I've seen some pictures on this site from people who have managed to mount (retrofit) the screen in the radio slots in the center. I don't think I possess such skills for redesigning my car dashboard (well I can dremel but I doubt I could do a really clean job) - Does anyone know if there is a company in the UK who will do my customizations for me? My car is a Nissan 200SX (2000 model).

Or failing that - does anyone recommend a good air vent attachment/ mount for the screen. I've searched and only found ones for PDA and I'm not sure if they are any good.

Thanks

Russ

Hi Russ,

Looking for companies to mount a screen in your car will probably cost as much as the screen itself!!

Whereabouts in the UK are you? Maybe one of the UK people who is nearby might be willing to help you out for a few or a few beers?

Garry
    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
    www.aimee.cc

Comment

Hi Garry,

I'm just outside of South West London - (Surbiton way ) I would be willing to keep beer pouring until project finished :-) (on second thoughts could be costly!)

Russ

Comment

Hi Russ,

Did you have to pay any taxes, import charges etc on the screen? How much in total did it cost you?

I'm in the same position as you were. I'm thinking of ordering one of these screens as I've just got a new car (Golf GTI Mk3) and I want to add Sat Nav and MP3 to my car.

What comes in the box in terms of brackets/stands and cables?

Cheers dude

Comment

Hi Wombar,

Here's the link of the screen.
          http://www.cartft.com/shop/catalog/item/?wm_item_id=112

The bracket that comes with it - is fairly good, it has that super-sticky self-adhesive base for a semi-temporary attachment!

10 Euro delivery - no import taxes as it's within the EU.

Also it comes with a PSU (european connection)
          Cigarette lighter PSU
          Video and audio
          USB and VGA connection (usb for touchscreen) also the video/audio in is in the style of a usb connector on the LCD.

Russ

Comment

Originally posted by russ
            does anyone recommend a good air vent attachment/ mount for the screen. I've searched and only found ones for PDA and I'm not sure if they are any good
            Hi russ,

I purchased one of these screens from cartft.com last week and had the same great service you got (and yes i was very impressed with the screen also!!)

Mount - did not like the one that came in the box as it was not a quick release one, went down to my local car audio shop and picked up a quick release bracket from a VDO navigation system?? fits perfectly mounted on a DIN blanking plate (moved HU down) blanking plates 5ish bracket 20ish (ish coz my mate works there and got them for free!!) Screen is in the perfect position in my car and is still adjustable if i need to tilt as there is a thumbnut on the side.

Regards
            blicky_1

Comment

Hi Blicky_1,

That sounds like a good idea - will give that a look.

Cheers

Russ

Comment

Has anyone from the U.S. purchased from carTFT.com?

Comment

Hi There,

Based about 30 mins outside of Cambridge, I can fit the screen if you want....PM me if you want..been doing installs and stuff for quite a few years now.

Just waiting for my screen from carTFT.com as well. Can't wait.

HTH

Regards

Chris
                  1992 Honda Civic EG9 Saloon VTi
                  Shuttle XPC SS51G
                  Intel 2.4 Ghz
                  GeForce 2 GTS Pro 64 m. DDR on a Lilliput 7" T/S
                  1024meg PC2700 DDR
                  60 Gig 7,200 Drive
                  16X DVD
                  Haicom H-203-E GPS
                  Zippy Mini-EL Keyboard
                  Opus 150watt PSU

Comment

Hi Civicdisturbanc,

Thanks for the offer - in the process of figuring out where and what to put in the car. I have been looking at peoples install pictures and I think that the best look for the screen is seated in the double din part of the center.

I'm not sure whether to go with a laptop or the whole hog with the carputer in the boot

I'll give you a pm on the matter.

Cheers

Russ

Comment

Hi Russ,

Yer I am going the 'Double Din' center consol route in my Civic. Took some finding though....they only came in Jap Civic's (Right H Drive) but managed to get one. They go ffrom anything in the region of 100 to 165 each !!!

Let me know Bud if I can help any..

Regards

Chris
                      1992 Honda Civic EG9 Saloon VTi
                      Shuttle XPC SS51G
                      Intel 2.4 Ghz
                      GeForce 2 GTS Pro 64 m. DDR on a Lilliput 7" T/S
                      1024meg PC2700 DDR
                      60 Gig 7,200 Drive
                      16X DVD
                      Haicom H-203-E GPS
                      Zippy Mini-EL Keyboard
                      Opus 150watt PSU

Comment

got my TFT from cartft on friday - ordered tuesday - 3 DAYS !! the screen is perfect - no dead pixels -no ghost images, no problems swicthing resolution - and VERY bright... only 300 euros ! - tech support answered within 10 minutes every time. Excellent service - would recommend to anyone !
                        James
                        www.digital-car.co.uk - The UK CarPC Forum

Comment

Hi James,

They are great screens! just wondering your plans, are you planning on mounting in or on the dash?

Russ

Comment

on intially and then in the dash
                            www.digital-car.co.uk - The UK CarPC Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Jamez_Warner
                              on intially and then in the dash

Hi Jamez,

That's the same for me - on and then in.
                              Are you putting it "in" soon - as would love to see some pictures of a recent install.

Russ

Comment

Working...
                              X