Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dww-7vga

Hi,

For all you guys with a DWW-7VGA from digitalww can you please tell me the measurements of the indash housing and how you installed it into the DIN slot.

does it need a cage like headunits do?

Thanks.

Originally posted by jimlad
    Hi,

For all you guys with a DWW-7VGA from digitalww can you please tell me the measurements of the indash housing and how you installed it into the DIN slot.

does it need a cage like headunits do?

Thanks.

Is it even available?

Comment

Originally posted by ZenerDiode
      Is it even available?
      as far as i know it should be available in december

Comment

I don't know the measurements of the unit, but it fit into a DIN slot. The unit is longer than most typical head units, so I had to do some modification to the area behind where the headunit is mounted (a dremel and a little less plastic later, it fit). The housing of the dww-7vga has screw holes on either side of the unit. There's six or eight of them. It just bolted right into the mounting kit I got. I bought both an American International kit and a Metra kit. The unit wouldn't come close to fitting in the Metra kit, but it fit like a glove into the American International kit.

If you buy a unit, you'll wanna go to your local hardware store and pick up some 5mm metric machine bolts, unless yours comes with the bolts (mine didn't). They can only be about 2mm in length so you'll most likely have to buy longer ones and cut them down. If you cut them much longer than 2mm, the screws will scrape the back side of the display case as it slides in and out (yes, I know this from experience, I cut mine too long).
        2000 Chevy Cavalier
        DWW-7VGA .. ME2 .. EPIA M10000 Nehemiah .. 256MB .. 80 Gig .. Win2k .. LiteOn Slim CD-RW/DVD-ROM
        Kicker C-15's .. Orion 280 gx .. Ample A210 .. JBL Tweets .. Kicker Mids .. AudioControl EQL

Comment

Originally posted by blahh
          I don't know the measurements of the unit, but it fit into a DIN slot. The unit is longer than most typical head units, so I had to do some modification to the area behind where the headunit is mounted (a dremel and a little less plastic later, it fit). The housing of the dww-7vga has screw holes on either side of the unit. There's six or eight of them. It just bolted right into the mounting kit I got. I bought both an American International kit and a Metra kit. The unit wouldn't come close to fitting in the Metra kit, but it fit like a glove into the American International kit.

If you buy a unit, you'll wanna go to your local hardware store and pick up some 5mm metric machine bolts, unless yours comes with the bolts (mine didn't). They can only be about 2mm in length so you'll most likely have to buy longer ones and cut them down. If you cut them much longer than 2mm, the screws will scrape the back side of the display case as it slides in and out (yes, I know this from experience, I cut mine too long).
          The unit is actually around 1/8th of an inch wider than a regular DIN, so be aware that it fits in *some* DIN slots and not others. Mine was one where it did not fit. And the depth was also a problem, it clashed with the tube frame inside the dash!

Comment

Working...
          X