Flip out touch screen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flip out touch screen?

Do they make flip out touch screens? I didn't know they did. Any way I really want to do a custom install using a Xenarc screen where I would make my own dash and all that. Which do you think would be better, that or a flip out. But then I would need a new head unit too.
    2003 Audi A4 1.8t (Totaled, Project Canceled)

most flip out touch screens i have seen already have a dvd player built in, imo i think flip out screens dont look as clean as a nice in dash, i dont see why you need a new head unit tho? im eventually gonna mold a xenarc in dash and install a simple computer for mp3s and stuff, of course not before installing some coilovers, sway bars, spacers and some bbs wheels, so i've got to work for a few months before i can afford all that stuff. definatly more into the go than show

but anyways i think you'd be better off to do it in dash, also check out audi's new MMI system they have on the A8L, its going to be in all the models in the next few years. VERY cool interface on it, puts bmw's idrive to shame i think, i got a chance to play around with it the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by huntD
      most flip out touch screens i have seen already have a dvd player built in, imo i think flip out screens dont look as clean as a nice in dash, i dont see why you need a new head unit tho? im eventually gonna mold a xenarc in dash and install a simple computer for mp3s and stuff, of course not before installing some coilovers, sway bars, spacers and some bbs wheels, so i've got to work for a few months before i can afford all that stuff. definatly more into the go than show

but anyways i think you'd be better off to do it in dash, also check out audi's new MMI system they have on the A8L, its going to be in all the models in the next few years. VERY cool interface on it, puts bmw's idrive to shame i think, i got a chance to play around with it the other day.
      I will probably end up doing the indash because I want the challenge. I would need a new head unit because my radio is Double Din. I am planing on doing the same thing as you, I just need the cash and components. I have seen the MMI but as you said in the next few years. Hope this makes since, I'm a bit tired. L8
      2003 Audi A4 1.8t (Totaled, Project Canceled)

Comment

Working...
      X