Lilliput touchscreen prevents standby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput touchscreen prevents standby

Using an Epia-M motherboard I get a "prevent standby fron touchkit" error everytime I attempt to standby from a Lilliput.

Anybody else had this problem?

Thanks,

Alric

computer standby

I get the same problem with the touchscreen drivers for my lilliput. Trying to find newer drivers that might prevent it, otherwise I won't be able have my laptop go to sleep. Also waking my laptop from the touchscreen doesn't work. I need to press the keyboard. Any ideas out there?

Comment

Originally posted by Alric
      Using an Epia-M motherboard I get a "prevent standby fron touchkit" error everytime I attempt to standby from a Lilliput.

Thanks,

Alric
      I have that problem with XENARC. I emailed EELY USA, the touchscreen manufacturer, and they told me they know about the problem from other customers and they wanted from me to send them my entire system for testing. I haven't heard from them since I told them its my carputer and I can't send it to them. So there is no new drivers resolving the problem.
      But I found a temporally resolution that works well for me. If I disable the touchscreen from the Device Manager I can put the carputer in Standby and it comes out of Standby with no any problems and touchscreen working. But if I need to restart it I have to enable and disable the driver again which is not a big deal cause I have a remote and keyboard as well to do that.
      So you can try that if you don't need to restart often.
      <>My previous Car PC<>

Comment

Originally posted by Alric

Thanks,

Alric
        I saw this on digitalww.com...
        #7. Touchkit USB controller driver will prevent the system standby for Windows 98 first edition.
        Workaround: Do not let system standby.

Ok, who is NOT using Win98? This appears to be a fundamental problem with the USB driver.....I hope they fix this..standby is a necessity for the carputer.
        My Celica Carputer Install

Comment

Well, I am running XP with all updates and it still does it.

Comment

I am running XP with all updates and it works great. I can also wake my laptop from standby by touching the screen. I used the updated drivers available on the digitalww site. The included drivers are supposedly an older version.
            Fabricator

Comment

Originally posted by Altimat
              I am running XP with all updates and it works great. I can also wake my laptop from standby by touching the screen. I used the updated drivers available on the digitalww site. The included drivers are supposedly an older version.
              Altimat, did you purchase your screen from digitalww? Some say the Lilliput is too bright at night..what do you think?
              My Celica Carputer Install

Comment

Originally posted by EBJUSTIN
                Altimat, did you purchase your screen from digitalww? Some say the Lilliput is too bright at night..what do you think?
                Screen was from Ebay. Unfortunately the CarPC hasn't migrated from the bench to the car yet, so I havent tested the brightness driving. I expected the night feature in MediaCar would work well enough, but then I read about controlling the backlight voltage with a pot. When its done and I start really struggling for mods maybe I'll try that idea.
                Fabricator

Comment

Yeah I get the same problem with the lilliput or digitalww drivers?

I'll try rebuilding the system some time and see what happens but till then I'll just have to suffer.

Comment

hmmm, errors when attempting to install the drivers at digitalww. Also if I try to just update the drivers it tells me that drivers are not newer than what I had.

I wonder if there is a direct download from the manufacturer?

Comment

Use the drivers from DSCustoms. The new touchscreen drivers on DigitalWW stop hibernate/standby, but the older ones on DSCustoms do not. I'm using them happily with my Lilliput, and Windows XP.

GingerPrince

Car changed for TVR Griffith 500, so computer de-installed. Using a Dension 100ix w/60Gb HD unit in the interim.

Carputer Install - http://www.stuffandting.com/carputer/
                      CarBox Software -- http://www.stuffandting.com/carbox/

Comment

If you disable touchmon and remove it so it does not automatically start with windows then you can use standby mode.

Comment

How do you mean "Disable touchmon"?

You mean the device driver? the application? I Tried quitting the application but still no luck. If i disable the device the touch screen obviously stops working.
                          *** All your base are belong to us ***

Comment

Originally posted by GingerPrince
                            Use the drivers from DSCustoms. The new touchscreen drivers on DigitalWW stop hibernate/standby, but the older ones on DSCustoms do not. I'm using them happily with my Lilliput, and Windows XP.
                            Do you have a direct link for these drivers as I'm having real big problems trying to find them on thier site.

Comment

I believe Touchmon is the app that appears just above the Task Bar in the lower right corner. It starts up automatically (its in my startup folder on w2k) so I just exited out of it and then got rid of it from my startup folder.

Didn't realise it was causing problems as I got rid of it after installing Touchscreen SW coz it was persistant and appeared over the top of MediaCar.

HTH
                              My CarPC install piccies http://www.celica-club.co.uk/cgi-bin...at=561&thumb=1

Comment

Working...
                              X