Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• screen placement ideas

hey,

i was originally wanting to get an indash screen, but was kind of looking for alternatives too. maybe putting one in the top at the front where the sunglasses holder drops down?

anyways, i was looking for suggestions on where i should put it, ... if i dont get a vga one (which im not sure if iwill or not) i would have enough for 2 screens so i could put one in the front and one in the back in the middle.

thanks.
    Attached Files
    2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE - My cardomain page.

I'd mount it right where the clock is.
    A digital mind lost in an analog world.

Learn to ask smart questions!
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

My car PC: The Lost Cause!

Comment

lose the head unit, and a Dremel is your freind
      Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
      Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
      I'M DEBT FREE!!
      I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

i want to keep the head unit, i just bought it. alpine cda 9815 :-)

i like the clock idea, can i run cords threw my heating vents?

Comment

Originally posted by hussein
          i want to keep the head unit, i just bought it. alpine cda 9815 :-)

i like the clock idea, can i run cords threw my heating vents?
          Cords will work through the ducts, but you might want to insulate them or something. All that heat and cold running through those things might weather the cord casings over time.

I agree, the clock area seems prime for some yank and plug operations.
          The ALEXIS Project
          MP3---VIDEO---GPS---REARVIEW---OBD---SKINNING
          Color Coding :
          DONE / MOSTLY DONE / BASE FEATURES / WORKING CONCEPT / NO CODE COMPLETED

Comment

hmm it iwll cover up my head ducts tho :-/

Comment

Your dash is practically identical to mine. Let me know what you end up doing because a 7" would fit but I'd like to squeeze in something bigger. I wouldn't want to loose the vents though.

How did you get that custom plastic molding to fit in there w/ your stereo?
              tango/dune
              Infiniti QX4 2002 project (done!... for now)

Comment

If you can stand to lose your ducts, do it there...otherwise, if you can recruit someone to do the fiberglass, move the head unit up where the sunglasses holder is.
                MP3 MR2 (click here for details)
                Hardware: EPIA M10000, 512Meg Ram, 5.6"TFT, Opus 150watt DC-DC PSU
                Software: Windows 2000, Media Engine 2.0

Comment

wooooow sweet idea with the head unit up top!!!!

yea i can do the fiber glass my self, this year when i got awards (for last year) i got an award for best in autobody 1 that came with a 75$ gift cert. donated by action parts so i bought fiber glass resin and bondo wiht it and an applicator.

the molding around the deck and the deck was profesionally installed... same with the amp and sub. lol. im in the process of making my own box right now though. i made it out of mdf, and im using it right now and tonite i am going to put some bondo on it and sand and paint it to give it a nice finished look and just use my old box.

i guess the main things i have to do after i order the screen is:
                  -figure out how to remove my dash, pillars, and the unit up top.
                  -learn how i will wire the power for the screen and deck as well as the wires for the deck.

i hope this wont too hard ...becuase i dont really want my car to be unusable for too long, or i wont break anything, not to mention void my cars warranty?

if anyone has any tips for me plz let me know, thx...

Comment

I would put the HVAC control in the ceiling, move the head unit down, and put the screen right below the vents.
                    Fabricator

Comment

altimat ; do you have any pics of your car computer setup?

Comment

No, its still on the bench. I ordered new center dash and console pieces, and will start cutting this weekend.
                        Fabricator

Comment

oh, from your nissan dealership? smart thikning, do you mind enlightening me on how much it cost? i think i mite inquire on getting one, thx!

Comment

Working...
                          X