apple 15" lcd. OMG best size for your buck. works on pc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apple 15" lcd. OMG best size for your buck. works on pc

I just bought three of these at a used computer store. The owner gave me a discount for buying all three. $165 each. He was sellinging them for $219 which is still a great price for a 15". The image quality is better than my 15" Dell and Norcent lcd monitors These were like $400 each.

Mounting one of these is pretty tough, there are no mounting holes. I still have my VESA mount from my old carputer (10.4" lcd) still chillin' on my dash. Luckily i found one of these
    http://www.macmice.com/pics_ergo_1.html
    The price is outrageous but the website that sells them offers enough pics - so now i can build my own.

The lcd fits perfectly in my cupholder, but that looks like a hilbilly installed it.

Does anybody else use these, carputer or not?
    Falcon cr53 w/ via epia m10000. Nokia 3650 blutooth phone.
    Better than winamp. Click here for qcd player.

Man..I was just lookin at those at compusa and was about to get one to put in my truck for the rear passengers. Good mod!
    TruckPC
    P4 1.8GHZ--1G ram--Asus PVR800-vw--14"LCD--Pioneer DVD drive--DeLorme GPS -- 802.11g wifi
    Audio
    Alpine 9813--MVR450 amp-- Polk/MOMO components front and rear--2 x 10" RF Power HX2/Phoenix Gold Tantrum 1200.1amp--XM satelitte

Comment

[QUOTE=churnopol]I just bought three of these at a used computer store. The owner gave me a discount for buying all three. $165 each. He was sellinging them for $219 which is still a great price for a 15". The image quality is better than my 15" Dell and Norcent lcd monitors These were like $400 each.

QUOTE]

You got a website or a phone # for this dude selling them for this price??? I'm sure a couple of us on this board can make him give us a good group discount, i'm def in if anyone else is.... $165 ain't bad at all..... def good for rear seat passengers.....

Let me know... !

http://www.bankingdom.com/carputer/carputer.html
      My carputer

Comment

Yes indeed the apple lcd's are great looking monitors

I'm currently running a 20" Apple Cinema Display on my XPC

here's some pics:

word of advice for those with geforce/nvidia cards if you want to run the full optmum widescreen resolution you need to use powerstrip.

but for those just using the 15" or 17" regular 4:3 aspect ratio monitors, then all you need is a video card with dvi output, and the apple adc to dvi converter and your set to use an apple lcd on your pc.

check out my thread HERE
        if you are interested in this sort of setup

Comment

come on man, please share! This is sounding awesome!

Comment

Any updates??

Comment

hey TrunksGoku

what is that you got running on your computer at the bottom of the screen?
              Looks like the apple thingy, where can i get it?
              01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
              01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
              mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Originally posted by liquid_smoke
                hey TrunksGoku

what is that you got running on your computer at the bottom of the screen?
                Looks like the apple thingy, where can i get it?

its called y'z dock...but it's discontinued

you can get the same type of shortcut/dock program called Object Dock
                here

the program mimics the dock that apple has

Comment

Originally posted by TrunksGoku
                  Yes indeed the apple lcd's are great looking monitors

I'm currently running a 20" Apple Cinema Display on my XPC

here's some pics:

word of advice for those with geforce/nvidia cards if you want to run the full optmum widescreen resolution you need to use powerstrip.

but for those just using the 15" or 17" regular 4:3 aspect ratio monitors, then all you need is a video card with dvi output, and the apple adc to dvi converter and your set to use an apple lcd on your pc.

check out my thread HERE
                  if you are interested in this sort of setup
                  What ipod do you have. I have a 20gig 3g checkout www.ipodlounge.com forums. I'm there too
                  Falcon cr53 w/ via epia m10000. Nokia 3650 blutooth phone.
                  Better than winamp. Click here for qcd player.

Comment

Try this for Y'Z Dock

Comment

Working...
                    X