2 LCD screens w touch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 LCD screens w touch

Anyone here running Two LCD monitors with touch screen?
    Any issues with the touch screen.
    I want to put one monitor in the dash and the other in the back and use touch screen on both. Am i asking for trouble considering all the touchscreen problems people are having lately?

Thanks
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

ive been considering doing this as well. ive been playing with dual monitors on shuttle boards have can get them confiugred properly without a problem. i dont have any direct experience with say running two lcd touchscreens but i bet they will work just fine.

Comment

If you can have 2 mouses installed in the same system, You can use 2 TSs. TS is nothing but a special pointing device and class as mouse in Windows (I think).
      But why install 2 TSs unless you have extra money to throw around.
      2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
      89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
      Y2K Accord Dell GX150
      RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
      EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

well im not really throwing it around, just kind of slideing it a little
        I want to screens in my car, and the price difference between touch and non touch isnt an issue. Plus, i want to use one of the screens as a back up incase one day one of them decides to crap out. Which , judgeing from my paste experiences will happen one day sooner than i would like.

beer replenishment fund
        mp3car live search

Comment

i personally want two screens.. one for the passengers to view movies on and the other is for me to use gps and obdII stuff on the road and not interfere with their movie.

you dont need a touch screen for just a movie viewer.

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixPC
            If you can have 2 mouses installed in the same system, You can use 2 TSs. TS is nothing but a special pointing device and class as mouse in Windows (I think).
            But why install 2 TSs unless you have extra money to throw around.

If you have USB, you can have multiple keyboard/mouse setup. Or you can mix and match too. PS2/USB or com/USB
            - Lwin M. Maung
            If it's stuck, force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Seraph
              If you have USB, you can have multiple keyboard/mouse setup. Or you can mix and match too. PS2/USB or com/USB
              There is an inherent problem with two screens that you might not be aware of. Unless you spend some time with desktop config software, applications want to start on the main screen, which should probably be your front one. The problem becomes this: Let's say your passenger wants to watch a movie, so they trigger it on their screen. The player pops up on your screen (the primary) and you have to drag it to the "connected" edge so that your passenger can then drag it and maximize it to their screen.

Just a thought, based on problems I have had with my quad screen setup at home. I have found it very difficult if not impossible to get both ATI's and NVidia's desktop managing software to reliably open apps on the secondary screen.
              The ALEXIS Project
              MP3---VIDEO---GPS---REARVIEW---OBD---SKINNING
              Color Coding :
              DONE / MOSTLY DONE / BASE FEATURES / WORKING CONCEPT / NO CODE COMPLETED

Comment

Originally posted by deadweasel
                There is an inherent problem with two screens that you might not be aware of. Unless you spend some time with desktop config software, applications want to start on the main screen, which should probably be your front one. The problem becomes this: Let's say your passenger wants to watch a movie, so they trigger it on their screen. The player pops up on your screen (the primary) and you have to drag it to the "connected" edge so that your passenger can then drag it and maximize it to their screen.

Just a thought, based on problems I have had with my quad screen setup at home. I have found it very difficult if not impossible to get both ATI's and NVidia's desktop managing software to reliably open apps on the secondary screen.
                Solution: UltraMon

Garry
                Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
                www.aimee.cc

Comment

Im not worried about any general dual mon issues, ive been runing dual monitors at home and at work for years. I know how to tame the beast so to speak.
                  Also, i dont have any problems having any app open on the monitor i want it to, what videocard and utilities are you using? ATI cards suck, im running dual monitors at work right now with an ATI card and it blows compared to the dual monitor support with NVIDIA i got at home. One rule of thumb i learned a long time ago, if your running dual monitors with more than one videocard, dont mix brands or versions. Make sure both cards are exactly the same, otherwise you run into all kinds of issues. It'll work, but like crap.

The way i intend to set it up is so that when ever i play a video on the main monitor (in dash) it will automaticly fullscreen (mirror) the video to the second monitor. The cool thing about this is i dont have to have the video even show up on the front monitor, i can minimize it and it'll continue to play in the back. This is how i have it setup at home. That way the little ones can watch movies in the back, while i run mediaengine up front or gps or whatever.

beer replenishment fund
                  mp3car live search

Comment

With my ATI card at home, I have been running Dual mons for a while not a problem. Also, you can write your programs in such a way so that it will only show up on your virtual screens.
                    - Lwin M. Maung
                    If it's stuck, force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyway

Comment

The new touch screen drivers on our site have a utility for multiple screens. This is exactly what I am going to do except both of them will be up front

Armen
                      http://www.digitalww.com

Comment

I stand corrected on the app opening issue.

On the general dual monitor/ATI thing I have to disagree.

For two years I was using a GeForce3 Ti200 primary (AGP) with an ATI All in Wonder 128 PCI as secondary. It worked flawlessly, aside from the fact that I was unable to run the TV software with the ATI card as a secondary, but that wasn't why I installed it in the first place. It just happened that the only PCI card I had available was that one.

Since then, I have upgraded to an ATI All in Wonder 9600 Pro, using a Radeon 7000 dual display PCI as secondary. Both cards support dual monitor, and are active in that capacity. Aside from the app/main monitor issue I mentioned above, both cards work flawlessly, aside from some sllllooooowwww redraw on the fourth monitor, but I suspect that has more to do with PCI bus addressing more than anything else, as I am only running at 266 front side bus.

All current ATI and NVidia cards should work just fine, provided you aren't trying to do some crazy crap with the displays.
                        The ALEXIS Project
                        Color Coding :

Comment

sorry to bring an old subject back....but i was thinking the similar thing, but i want to clone the monitor.....that is a feature in XP right? b/c that way front/back seat can control the computer at the same time correct?

Comment

Monitor cloning is a display driver thing not an XP thing. All nividia cards have this built into the driver properties accessed from the advanced monitor properties. Probably all dual display capbable cards have this feature, but you might have more trouble if you use two different single display cards.

Originally posted by myktek
                            sorry to bring an old subject back....but i was thinking the similar thing, but i want to clone the monitor.....that is a feature in XP right? b/c that way front/back seat can control the computer at the same time correct?
                            StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
                            Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
                            The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

Originally posted by god_of_cpu
                              Monitor cloning is a display driver thing not an XP thing. All nividia cards have this built into the driver properties accessed from the advanced monitor properties. Probably all dual display capbable cards have this feature, but you might have more trouble if you use two different single display cards.
                              Actually, cloning/dual display IS a 2000/XP thing, although the drivers must also support it for it to be available. No other versions of Windows will allow for it. God_of_CPU is correct about the single card thing though, unless of course you have two PCI cards that are exactly the same model to avoid potential issues. Otherwise, any later Radeon or NVidia card should provide dual display capability.
                              The ALEXIS Project
                              Color Coding :

Comment

Working...
                              X