Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lilliput VGA touch panel cracked. Would DigitalWW 7" touch panel fit ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput VGA touch panel cracked. Would DigitalWW 7" touch panel fit ?

I've searched and emailed Armen but haven't had the answer yet.

Has anyone managed to fit a DigitalWW 7" touch panel into the Lilliput VGA screen ?

The touch panel on my 7" Lilliput VGA cracked - the screen dropped from my dash onto the gear shift when the self-adhesive on the swivel mount gave way . The good news is that the LCD screen itself is still working. The touch panel must have absorbed the impact and saved the LCD screen.

I am looking at DigitalWW's 7" touch panel as a replacement. It's a 4-wire resistive panel just like the one in the Lilliput. The USB controller in the Lilliput looks like the same one sold by DigitalWW. The only difference that I can tell is the width of DigitalWW's panel is 169.5mm whereas the cracked panel's width is 165mm. I believe that the Lilliput housing can accomodate the 4.5mm difference.

TIA
    S H Chua

I just emailed you

Armen

Originally posted by shchua
    I've searched and emailed Armen but haven't had the answer yet.

Has anyone managed to fit a DigitalWW 7" touch panel into the Lilliput VGA screen ?

The touch panel on my 7" Lilliput VGA cracked - the screen dropped from my dash onto the gear shift when the self-adhesive on the swivel mount gave way . The good news is that the LCD screen itself is still working. The touch panel must have absorbed the impact and saved the LCD screen.

I am looking at DigitalWW's 7" touch panel as a replacement. It's a 4-wire resistive panel just like the one in the Lilliput. The USB controller in the Lilliput looks like the same one sold by DigitalWW. The only difference that I can tell is the width of DigitalWW's panel is 169.5mm whereas the cracked panel's width is 165mm. I believe that the Lilliput housing can accomodate the 4.5mm difference.

TIA
    S H Chua
    http://www.digitalww.com

Comment

Originally posted by digitalww
      I just emailed you

Armen
      Thanks, Armen. Can't wait to get my screen working again

Comment

Working...
      X