8.2" Casio LCD CHEAP on eBay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8.2" Casio LCD CHEAP on eBay

I found some 8.2" Casio LCD's on ebay and they are really cheap, is there anyway to hook these up, or are they useless?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=31569

Thanks,
    dr00bie

I don't see why not. I wonder what the brightness on those are. Also it would be hard to find the touch screen for them. I hope he has more than one. I was just about to hit buy it now but you have dibs on it first so it's your call.
    - Lwin M. Maung
    If it's stuck, force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyway

Comment

Go ahead, there are a few of them on there, and I really want to find out more... I don't even have any equipment, just looking around, and if I manage to buy one for next to nothing, then maybe I will get on the ball and get some other stuff...

dr00bie

Comment

Stay away!! Those are just bare screens, you still need a VGA controller which will set you back $150 or so. And also, I am willing to bet that they are DSTN rather than TFT, and you don't want that!
        My OLD Carputer: http://www.mp3car.com/node/18137
        Currently, Don't have a carputer :( I sold my lincoln and bought a '93 Acura Vigor, plan on putting a carputer in it one of these days. You can see my vigor at: This Site

Comment

DSTN I don't want. It seem like this guy said you just need a 12V and VGA signal. I guess he is a big fat liar. I hate it when people do that. I know you have to sell stuff but you should not have to lie to sell stuff.
          - Lwin M. Maung
          If it's stuck, force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyway

Comment

google suggest there should be 4 more digits ca51001-xxxx to really nail down what
            this is- some w that prefix are dstn

Comment

Ca51001-0053

Originally posted by davesaudio2
              google suggest there should be 4 more digits ca51001-xxxx to really nail down what
              this is- some w that prefix are dstn

The model number is CA51001-0053, but after searching google, only two sites have the sheets, but have to pay like $50 to see them.

Comment

Stay away from that LCD!!

I has'nt smart enought to search the web before I bought the LCD. So I received it last week... A pure scam. I know they are selling tens of them, so I prefer to advise people to not buy the LCD if you don't want to get the trouble of making it work. The ad on eBay says "just add 12V and VGA signal". That is not true, as the screen has no backlight at all and no controller. The screen is completely useless unless you go in spending hundreds of dollars in extra parts to make it work. Now I am stuck with it, and I lost my money.... Don't make the same mistake!

Comment

Originally posted by smartel
                  I has'nt smart enought to search the web before I bought the LCD. So I received it last week... A pure scam. I know they are selling tens of them, so I prefer to advise people to not buy the LCD if you don't want to get the trouble of making it work. The ad on eBay says "just add 12V and VGA signal". That is not true, as the screen has no backlight at all and no controller. The screen is completely useless unless you go in spending hundreds of dollars in extra parts to make it work. Now I am stuck with it, and I lost my money.... Don't make the same mistake!
                  I am in the same situation. I have contacted several on Ebay who bought it previously, and none got it to work (yet). Too bad I can go back only 30 days to contact all the buyers. I think it's worth the try to get as many of us (suckers) together as possible and file a complaint against this guy for deceptive description. By the way, he doesn't answer his emails.

There was a decent item recently (QTY of more than 100) on Ebay for a KIOSK / POS 12" LCD TOUCH SCREEN PC TERMINAL (item 2787146475). he may still have some, because he had it on sale twice already. Maybe a bit too big for a car (see details below).

QUICK SPECS

440BX chipset based embedded ATX motherboard
                  Celeron 433 CPU
                  256 Megabytes SDRAM
                  20 Gigabyte 3.5" IDE hard disk
                  12" 800 x 600 LCD Display with Touch Overlay
                  Stereo sound on motherboard
                  External PS/2 keyboard and mouse connectors
                  Three external DB9 serial connectors
                  Two external DB25 parallel connectors
                  External RJ45 10/100 ethernet connector
                  External HD15 VGA connector
                  Internal 34 pin floppy disk connector
                  Internal 40 pin PRI / SEC IDE connectors for additional hard or CDROM drives
                  Internal 4 pin .1" USB connector
                  One PCI slot and one shared PCI / ISA slot
                  56K PCI Modem card
                  Compatible with DOS 6 and Windows 3.1, 95, 98, NT4, 2000 and XP
                  NOTE: No operating system provided!

Comment

If its cheap then you know damn well i'd try to make it work somehow
                    if you find out any info please contact me!

Comment

Originally posted by tomsz
                      I am in the same situation. I have contacted several on Ebay who bought it previously, and none got it to work (yet). Too bad I can go back only 30 days to contact all the buyers. I think it's worth the try to get as many of us (suckers) together as possible and file a complaint against this guy for deceptive description. By the way, he doesn't answer his emails.

There was a decent item recently (QTY of more than 100) on Ebay for a KIOSK / POS 12" LCD TOUCH SCREEN PC TERMINAL (item 2787146475). he may still have some, because he had it on sale twice already. Maybe a bit too big for a car (see details below).

QUICK SPECS

440BX chipset based embedded ATX motherboard
                      Celeron 433 CPU
                      256 Megabytes SDRAM
                      20 Gigabyte 3.5" IDE hard disk
                      12" 800 x 600 LCD Display with Touch Overlay
                      Stereo sound on motherboard
                      External PS/2 keyboard and mouse connectors
                      Three external DB9 serial connectors
                      Two external DB25 parallel connectors
                      External RJ45 10/100 ethernet connector
                      External HD15 VGA connector
                      Internal 34 pin floppy disk connector
                      Internal 40 pin PRI / SEC IDE connectors for additional hard or CDROM drives
                      Internal 4 pin .1" USB connector
                      One PCI slot and one shared PCI / ISA slot
                      56K PCI Modem card
                      Compatible with DOS 6 and Windows 3.1, 95, 98, NT4, 2000 and XP
                      NOTE: No operating system provided!
                      Ahh..forgot the price: $225 plus shipping ($20?)

Comment

Working...
                      X