LCD randomly changing set?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD randomly changing set?

This problem has only just presented it’s self, has been working flawlessly for months. The problem that I am having is that while displaying menus and song title ect in mpxplay and mpxf the LCD changes from an English character set to a Japanese set. The LCD dose this randomly but dose not change back, if I reset the software and/or the computer the LCD stops working altogether just displays a black bar across the top line. I have found a way to fix the problem, if I run the LCD on my 166 it starts displaying things fine and then when I move it back to the carcomp it's all good. The display is a standard 16 X 2 line backlit LCD, the comp is a Celaron 466 onboard LPT and COM ports the mobo is an m748LMRT and I run DOSLFN, MPXF and MPXPLAY. Sorry for the long post but I just cant work out what’s going any suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks
    mad man

how long is the cable?

Comment

cable

Originally posted by davesaudio2
      how long is the cable?
      the cable is about 170cm / 5.6 feet but like i said i havent had any problems with it for about 6 months and it works fine on my 166

Comment

Check the software and hardware on the car computer. It seems like a hardware trouble on the car comp. It could be the software too.
        - Lwin M. Maung
        If it's stuck, force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyway

Comment

Working...
        X