Lilliput or Xenarc?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput or Xenarc?

I've been searching around on this forum, and found a lot of threads about problems with Lilliput LCD's. I searched for Xenarc problems, and only found 1 or 2. So my question is, should I go with Lilliput, and will it be reliable? I was looking at getting this one here > http://www.digitalww.com/VGA_TM_710VG.htm. Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with this one?

Thank You
    -- Matt

Lilliput -- Why? I heard it's brighter and cause I said so.
    - Lwin M. Maung
    If it's stuck, force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Seraph
      Lilliput -- Why? I heard it's brighter and cause I said so.
      Thanks.

Anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by mattwz
        Thanks.

Anyone else?

i'd say xenarc, but be careful with the connector. that's the only prob i have w it. i tried the lilliput but it is more picky about resolutions, and it doesn't turn on automatically. it may be brighter, but u can get the xenarc w the ultra bright option. u just have to request it. it's a lil more expensive but i think it's a better option.
        my car: 2003 g35 coupe, 2.5ghz c2d cpu, gigabyte micro atx mb, dsatx
        wife's car: 2004 honda accord coupe 2.4ghz p4 cpu, asus micro atx mb, opus 150
        company car: 2006 chevy avalanche 2.0ghz p4 laptop, cnx p1900

Comment

Originally posted by kuo
          i'd say xenarc, but be careful with the connector. that's the only prob i have w it. i tried the lilliput but it is more picky about resolutions, and it doesn't turn on automatically. it may be brighter, but u can get the xenarc w the ultra bright option. u just have to request it. it's a lil more expensive but i think it's a better option.
          Do you know where I could find a 7" Xenarc with touchscreen and vga? How much more is the ultra bright option?

Thanks
          -- Matt

Comment

I say CRT

Old Skool Pimpage

(ok, this is the last time I post stuff while Im drinking)
            Originally posted by menudude
            thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

Comment

http://www.xenarc.com/product/images...0-%20large.jpg

"Supposedly", the new connector is no longer a problem.....but we must wait and see......

Comment

Go with a Xenarc. The liliputs are VERY unreliable. I think I've seen 10-15 threads about broken liliputs.

I can barely see past my Xenarc at night as is, I'd never want something brighter like a liliput.
                A digital mind lost in an analog world.

Learn to ask smart questions!
                http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

My car PC: The Lost Cause!

Comment

For the price go with the Lilliput, but buy from a decent dealer not HK as this seems to be where most of the the problem units come from.

Try www.cartft.com, there customer service is great and prices are very good

I have had mine 2mths no problems!

Comment

Ok, well the Lilliput is here for $350, and the Xenarc is here, which seems to have the same specs, except for "LCD Panel Brightness*: 400 cd/mē Display Brightness: 350 cd/mē". What's the difference? How much of a price difference is the Xenarc one, and where could I buy it? Off blicky_1's link, I found this one. But it says "Like Xenarc displays (USA)", so its not really an Xenarc? Plus, I would like to pay in US dollars.

Thanks
                    -- Matt

Comment

you buy xenarc from www.xenarcdirect.com ... it's about $500 (without brightness option)

i'm debating the same thing ... i'm not sure the xenarc is worth $200 more tho ... so i'll probably get the lilliput ... unless the digitalww guy (armen?) doesn't write me back ... i get very annoyed when pre-sales e-mails go unanswered.
                      My JeepPC Install

"there are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

"it's been agreed the whole world stinks so no one's taking showers anymore"

Comment

Originally posted by shakes
                        you buy xenarc from www.xenarcdirect.com ... it's about $500 (without brightness option)

i'm debating the same thing ... i'm not sure the xenarc is worth $200 more tho ... so i'll probably get the lilliput ... unless the digitalww guy (armen?) doesn't write me back ... i get very annoyed when pre-sales e-mails go unanswered.
                        Yeah, that's a lot. I'll probably take my chances with the Lilliput.

Comment

Originally posted by mattwz
                          Yeah, that's a lot. I'll probably take my chances with the Lilliput.
                          just buy it from someone states-side ... like digitalww ... that way if you get a dud you can get it replaced without shipping to hk.

i'm 90% sure i'll be ordering one from there soon as i get an e-mail reply.
                          My JeepPC Install

Comment

Try this one guys.... http://www.cartft.com/shop/catalog/item/?wm_item_id=112

Comment

i'm in the US ... will he ship it to US for free? and by some other means that won't take 4 weeks?
                              My JeepPC Install

Comment

Working...
                              X