Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony PSone LCD VGA mod wiring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sony PSone LCD VGA mod wiring

    I've searched and searched for info on exactly how to do this with the Sony screen and NTSC.

    I have Mpro's diagram but he has a PAL screen.

    Is there a difference in wiring between the two?

    I've not seen a post that says yay or nay.

    Thanks in advance,
    Jason

  • #2
    LCD PS1 wiring

    Hi Jason where did you find the schematic (wiring) od LCD screen used in PS1 game console? Im very interested about it

    THX george

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by NeoTroniX
      Hi Jason where did you find the schematic (wiring) od LCD screen used in PS1 game console? Im very interested about it

      THX george
      http://mpro.no-ip.com/

      Click on LCD mod

      Comment


      • #4
        Search for PSOne on this site and you find lots of topic about it along with schema for both NTSC/PAL.
        2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
        89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
        Y2K Accord Dell GX150
        RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
        EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MatrixPC
          Search for PSOne on this site and you find lots of topic about it along with schema for both NTSC/PAL.

          I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I think I've already said:

          "I've searched and searched for info on exactly how to do this with the Sony screen and NTSC."

          I found several wiring diagrams for PAL screens, found NTSC timing info, but no NTSC wiring info.

          I've searched for three days using various search terms.

          I'd tried wiring as suggested by Mpro and starfox...no dice.

          Comment


          • #6
            here you go
            this is the wiring scheme me and my friend put together for us psone screens....color coded for your pleasure...however i have still yet to make it work...tell me if it works for you or if it needs some miricle to get it to work
            Attached Files

            Comment


            • #7
              Check this thread
              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ighlight=psone
              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ighlight=psone
              I am not sure about the pin number on the image above but if you look up http://www.gamesx.com/avpinouts/psxav.htm for PSOne screen pin number
              2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
              89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
              Y2K Accord Dell GX150
              RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
              EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by MatrixPC
                Check this thread
                http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ighlight=psone
                http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ighlight=psone
                I am not sure about the pin number on the image above but if you look up http://www.gamesx.com/avpinouts/psxav.htm for PSOne screen pin number
                this is how I hooked it up. http://users.adelphia.net/~mowry/new_page_4.htm
                its real easy to do.

                Comment


                • #9
                  If you guys can't get it to work, I am willing to sell mine. I am using it for 2 months for 130 bucks (everything in the PSone LCD box + 10 buck if you want the car adapter) because I am thinking of going VGA.
                  The problem with this mod is you can't see the screen untill windows and PowerStrip load and it doesn't work with all video card.
                  2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                  89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                  Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                  RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                  EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I don't think the wiring should be any different between the NTSC and PAL versions of the display; the only difference should be in the timings used.. Have you tried it on another video card? Some cards say they support composite sync, but they don't actually give csync out from the hsync pin...

                    Can anyone confirm that the wiring's the same on the NTSC and PAL displays?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by starfox
                      I don't think the wiring should be any different between the NTSC and PAL versions of the display; the only difference should be in the timings used.. Have you tried it on another video card? Some cards say they support composite sync, but they don't actually give csync out from the hsync pin...

                      Can anyone confirm that the wiring's the same on the NTSC and PAL displays?
                      Theoreticaly all the pins should have the same signals as standard, but i have been trying your mod and mpro with no luck (both of you has diff. wiring). i guess the difference depends on the lcd manufacturer (refering to my brand toshiba), my graphics controller is an inboard ATI rage Pro/Csync present, Interlaced ticked on Pstrip. all i get is a blank screen, i suspect the pins in my lcd mboard is reversed, shuffled, i don't really know, might try something else....
                      [....99.9%]
                      [HW] 566eMHz/128mb/6gb, FlyVideo3k, RandMgps, M1-ATX, 7" Lilliput, VGA2AVadptrFor2ndVideo, 4CH/100rms, 10"Sub, 40AhDeepCycleTank
                      [....99.8%]
                      [SW] XP/MMC/FP:D3,FlyTV/AxifeFM,CarMM?
                      [Working on] puttingBackEvrythg.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Ah okay.. yeah different a brand of displays increases a lot of variables into it...

                        I know of some PSOne displays that don't actually read anything off the RGB pins at all, and just use the composite signal that the PSOne puts out too...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Ok I can confirm that the wiring is the same for both PAL and NTSC screen. I follow starfox mod more than m-pro mod.
                          Basically the RGB wires VGA should match RGB wires on PSOne.
                          3 VGA RGB Ground can be combine into 1 for PSOne since PSOne only has 1 color ground.
                          I use Matrox Milleninum G200 AGP card. I try both Sync on Green and make the Sync converter, the result is NOT much different. Sync on green has more green on the screen.
                          There is a problem between pin 5 and 6 (MultiAV side). M-pro and the rest have it work on pin 6. Mine didn't work on pin 6. It work on pin 5 instead just like starfox mod. So I don't think StarFox mistyped and I use official Sony LCD.

                          One question. Why you guy want to go this route? I did it because I can't find any VGA screen within 200-250 price range. Right now DWW has a VGA (no TS) for around 250. I would buy it instead of the mod.
                          Here is the break down of what does it cost.
                          Sony PSOne LCD. 129.99
                          VGA connector, wire, resistor, and mis 5.00
                          Cig adapter for PSOne 12.99
                          The total is around 150 + 7.75% sale tax and a lots of reading, research, and frustration.
                          Get the right Video card = priceless (I have this sitting in garage collecting dust)

                          Everything is fine except the video part. 30% of the time, it display in 3/4 of the screen (video look like crap).
                          2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                          89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                          Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                          RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                          EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Here's what I'm up to...this is why I'm using the PSone screen.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              DAmn.

                              Originally posted by ProjectTwin
                              Here's what I'm up to...this is why I'm using the PSone screen.

                              That is slick as hell.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X