Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bigger Icons/Fonts with Lilliput & XP...no squinting!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigger Icons/Fonts with Lilliput & XP...no squinting!!

Our friends in Redmond have given us XP users a nice way to increase the size of our window elements (window scroll bars, icons, icon placement, application font size, etc, etc). This is REALLY useful when you are using a 7" VGA screen in a car.

This stuff is hidden in:
    on dekstop, right click/Properties/Appearance/Advanced/Item:....then select the "item" you would like to change. Play with (click up or down on the "size" select box) things like Icon (size, vertical & horizontal spacing, scrollbar, Caption Buttons, etc, etc).
    Eventually you will end up with all of you desktop, application, and folder elements much bigger on this tiny screen. This way you can use a higher resolution screen setting without having to suffer with TINY icons, scrollbars, text, etc).

The attached screen shots are from my CarPC running VGA/Lilliput in 800x600.

Enjoy!!
    Attached Files
    MikeH

This is a good tip, and not exclusive to Windows XP users...all Win9x/NT/2000 users can do the same.

Comment

You're right! I just discovered that my W98 machine has this same capability. I guess I just never needed it on a 15" monitor. Thanks!
      MikeH

Comment

Working...
      X