Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liliput 7" TouchScreen VGA ?

Hi,

I just found these on eBay for $285.00...I am new to this so I have couple questions...

1. Is it possible to connect this to a custom made computer that will be in the trunk ?

2. If I play my MP3 using WinAmp or any other program, will I be able to change the songs and volume control using my fingertips ? And will I be able to hook the sound up to the car speakers ?

3. How good is the brightness ? If you have couple pics of this, please post them...

4. Is it worth buying the Xenarc monitor that is the same size for twice the cost ? If yes, why?

5. Does it look nice ? Like when you get everything to work, is it cool to play with and have in a car ?

6. Is it easy to open programs with it, and control the PC with the monitor ? Is the stylus needed ? Is resolution ok ?

Sorry for so many questions, I just want to know if this is worth buying, and doing the whole project, I don't want to spend thousand dollars on something stupid...So please, let me know...Thank you so much and Merrry Christmas!!

all of these questions are typical 1st comer questions, and as a result, have been answered many times already. you should spend a few days just reading through the forums ...

some quick answers ...

Hi,

I just found these on eBay for $285.00...I am new to this so I have couple questions...

1. Is it possible to connect this to a custom made computer that will be in the trunk ?
    of course

2. If I play my MP3 using WinAmp or any other program, will I be able to change the songs and volume control using my fingertips ? And will I be able to hook the sound up to the car speakers ?
    if you have small enough finger. this is why most everyone uses apps taht have been coded for this purpose. MediaCar and Media Engine are two of the more popular. each have forums here.

3. How good is the brightness ? If you have couple pics of this, please post them...
    look at www.digitalww.com

4. Is it worth buying the Xenarc monitor that is the same size for twice the cost ? If yes, why?
    this is debatable and not easily answered. the main benefit to the xenarc is that lilliputs are all referbed screens (so says armen). Also they all come from hong kong. So the extra $200 on the xenarc pays for a 'new' screen and piece of mind from buying from a company that's closer. to me that wasn't worth $200 ... i bought a lilliput from armen.

5. Does it look nice ? Like when you get everything to work, is it cool to play with and have in a car ?
    look through the 'show off your project' forum

6. Is it easy to open programs with it, and control the PC with the monitor ? Is the stylus needed ? Is resolution ok ?
    depends on your eyesight and the size of your fingers.
    My JeepPC Install

"there are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

"it's been agreed the whole world stinks so no one's taking showers anymore"

Comment

Well answered...

Terran
      My Project Site

Comment

Working...
      X