Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone have pics of your PSONE screen installed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have pics of your PSONE screen installed?

I was debating weather or not to pull the screen out from the casing. I would like to see how others have installed in their car.

Originally posted by fogleroller
    I was debating weather or not to pull the screen out from the casing. I would like to see how others have installed in their car.

I have converted mine with the VGA mod but I'm still looking for a flat ribbon cable to extend the controller board away from the screen. I have the actual screen housed in a standard CD case without the disc holder backing inside the case. Once I figure out how to extend the controllers ribbon cable, I'll be able to post pictures of how I plan on installing this!

Comment

I'd show you mine but 2 things are holding me back
      1. No digital camera, hell i don't even have a 35mm
      2. UGLY you wouldn't want to see this if i could show you

Its a crappy generic screen Composite only, sadly, but it was the only one i could find around here that wasn't $130, but on a lighter note the screen in question looks like a good candidate for an independant back-up camera when i get the real deal (which isn't for a couple months)

Its mounted (sort of) in the map holder of my car just right left of the steering wheel

Comment

http://www.caraudioaustralia.com/ubb...2;t=000065;p=1

sorry - cant be bothered finding the pics and putting them up here, but here's what you can do with a psone screen

Comment

THis is what is say Not Registered? To register, click here.
          Lost Password? For assistance finding your registered login and/or password, click here.

Comment

her is what I did http://users.adelphia.net/~mowry/new_page_1.htm

Originally posted by kickercivic1
            THis is what is say Not Registered? To register, click here.
            Lost Password? For assistance finding your registered login and/or password, click here.

Comment

Originally posted by fogleroller
              <---this is mine composite only, no rgb.
              [....99.9%]
              [HW] 566eMHz/128mb/6gb, FlyVideo3k, RandMgps, M1-ATX, 7" Lilliput, VGA2AVadptrFor2ndVideo, 4CH/100rms, 10"Sub, 40AhDeepCycleTank
              [....99.8%]
              [SW] XP/MMC/FP:D3,FlyTV/AxifeFM,CarMM?
              [Working on] puttingBackEvrythg.

Comment

What size/brand screens are you using? I know there are a couple brands. I'd like to know which have the composite in already built in. Also, I know there are a few different sizes. I ordered a Intec brand for the PSone that I want to try to use. It has a 4" LCD (5" diagonal). I got it REAL cheap, and might get more if it will work well. Also, I know some have hacked the Sony brand LCD to work with VGA, any reason you wouldn't be able to hack any brand, they all use the same pins from the playstation right?
                2006 Chevy Colorado: VIA M10000 EDEN, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB 2.5" Seagate HDD, USB Slim Slot DVD/RW, Holux GPS, MobileVU 10.4" LCD (touch not working yet), VOOMPC Case (blue), 70W DC-DC supply.

Comment

mymojo68, that's some crazy stuff!!!

Keep them coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackso
                    What size/brand screens are you using? I know there are a couple brands. I'd like to know which have the composite in already built in. Also, I know there are a few different sizes. I ordered a Intec brand for the PSone that I want to try to use. It has a 4" LCD (5" diagonal). I got it REAL cheap, and might get more if it will work well. Also, I know some have hacked the Sony brand LCD to work with VGA, any reason you wouldn't be able to hack any brand, they all use the same pins from the playstation right?
                    It is an Osmart 5.1" PSOne TFT monitor. It is actually a Toshiba TFD50W-32B2 LCD and some company produce a composite and some do rgb_sync out of this lcd. The only way you could know is when you see the back, check this link for more details: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...904#post146904

danon
                    [....99.9%]
                    [HW] 566eMHz/128mb/6gb, FlyVideo3k, RandMgps, M1-ATX, 7" Lilliput, VGA2AVadptrFor2ndVideo, 4CH/100rms, 10"Sub, 40AhDeepCycleTank
                    [....99.8%]
                    [SW] XP/MMC/FP:D3,FlyTV/AxifeFM,CarMM?
                    [Working on] puttingBackEvrythg.

Comment

Here is my Sony PS1 install in my 95 Nissan Hardbody,.......

I still need to finish it off somehow,..... LOL,... I am thinking of doing away w/ the volume buttons and just keeping the brightness buttons........I may try and find a piece of black abs plastic to relace the mdf,............

Comment

nice!

Comment

Here is my install in a nissan 200SX using a PSone sony lcd

my LCD cover

Comment

Originally posted by jws95hardbody
                            Here is my Sony PS1 install in my 95 Nissan Hardbody,.......

I still need to finish it off somehow,..... LOL,... I am thinking of doing away w/ the volume buttons and just keeping the brightness buttons........I may try and find a piece of black abs plastic to relace the mdf,............
                            Not to go off topic here, but something like this guy did with laminates might work. I don't know if you could buy it in small quantities or in a color suited for a dash, though. Just a thought.

Comment

wow back from the dead... i got my official PS1 screen and i've been waiting to install it but it looks like non of you guys are doing the VGA mod, why not? do you not think its worth the effort? of will it not work?

Comment

Working...
                              X