Small Lilliput display problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Lilliput display problem

I've recently build in my car-pc, everything is working...

But I have 1 small problem... When I boot up, I get a nice 'windows loading' splash screen, I see part of my bios-post... But once windows is started... The screen stays black, until I unplug my VGA cable and plug it again...

I'm not sure if the same effect is gotten by turning the monitor on / off, but I cant test that because of the way the monitor is installed in my dash (the buttons are behind the monitor )

The weird thing is, I see the bios-post and windows loading screen... And after re-pluging the vga cable, I see windows and have no further problems there... Just going from loading screen -> windows gives a problem... It also isnt the resolution, because it happens at 800x600 and at 1024x768...

It didnt do this from the start either... Come to think of it, I did install new touchscreen drivers, could this have anything to do with it ?

Anyways, if you got an idea, gimme

It is some kind of conflict if it does it right when windows starts to load. Probably the USB touchscreen drivers as you just said. Did you install the USB version or the PS/2 drivers for the touchscreen? There are some other threads with the same problem and reinstalling the drivers and not choosing PS/2 seems to clear it up.
    http://www.AJQuick.com/ - Fiberglassing Tutorials!
    My Cardomain Page - 1998 Dodge Neon R/T

Comment

I'm pretty sure I installed the USB version, as said the touchscreen itself has no problems at all... Just the screen is black when entering windows... I'll give reinstalling my USB drivers a try, who knows

Comment

Let us know if it works
        New Lilliput EBY701 For Sale http://www.nusantech.com/index.asp?c...at=TOUCHSCREEN
        SiRF3 Bluetooth GPS http://www.nusantech.com/index.asp?cat=GPS

Comment

I just got a Lilliput 619GL-70NP 7" touchscreen and I'm having the same problem.. I've gotten it to load a few times perfectly fine, but right after that if I reboot again I see post info, then the black windows xp professional logo/loading screen, but once it gets to the welcome screen, I see a very thin line working at the top of the screen and the rest of the screen is blank, if i turn off the monitor and turn it back on, or switch to video 1/2 and then back to VGA, it comes back on working fine. Can't seem to figure it out..
          1991 Camaro Z28
          2004 Acura TL

Comment

That sounds like a screen resolution problem.

When windows first boots up, it is in generic vga format. But when the windows drivers get loaded, then it changes to whatever you have set as display properties.

A quick check would be to boot up in safe mode. That will use only the generic vga drivers.

Now if the computer actually locks up, then that could be your usb thing, but if it goes blank, then you unplug and replug the vga cord...that is a display problem.

also do you only have one vga card in your machine?
            current projects

Comment

Slayer,

Sounds like you Lily is on the "hairy edge" of losing sync with whatever resolution you are using. You may try to vary the screen refresh rate to see if it becomes more stable.
              MikeH

Comment

It doesn't seem to matter what resolution and hz it's set at, it does it on two different computers both with different VGA cards (yes only one card in each computer). On the car computer I just get a very thin line at the top where I can see the desktop, and on this one I get the same line, but also I get that whiteish glow that you see in these screens when theres no signal at the bottom half..I do agree it sounds like a resolution issue of some sort.. I will have to try booting in safe mode..
                1991 Camaro Z28
                2004 Acura TL

Comment

What ever came of this? I seem to have a similar issue.
                  Aura MR62 (F and R)
                  My Current MP3s
                  IamDefiler.com

Comment

Unfortunally nothing yet I can't seem to figure it out. Sometimes it will boot fine, 95% of the time it won't.. I think from now on I'll just wait until windows boots up to power on the screen and maybe some future drivers will fix it? who knows..
                    1991 Camaro Z28
                    2004 Acura TL

Comment

I think it's a syncing isssue. Mines does that once in a while. When I cycle the power for the lilliput, it syncs up and is fine.

Comment

Well the USB-touchscreen drivers wherent the problem... Tested the screen with and without drivers installed... Havent played with it a lot, was on vacation for a week..

The problem is occuring in each res & hz setting, as soon as it goes from loading -> windows, blank screen until I power off/on the screen... (or plug / unplug the vga-cable)

If its a sync problem, then why is it fixed after power off/on and why does it occure in all res & hz's ?

Something must happen during the switch from 'standard' -> 'windows' resolution switch... I'm going to try a small app which will switch windows resolution from 800x600 -> 1024x768 -> 800x600 (with 1s intervals, 5s after windows bootup) to see if that fixes anything...

Comment

Turn off your TV out in the bios.
                          set it to CRT only.
                          2011 Nissan Frontier SL
                          AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
                          OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

Originally posted by Custommx3
                            Turn off your TV out in the bios.
                            set it to CRT only.
                            Tried... anything else? I got this problem too.
                            Aopen i855GMEm-LFS with Dothan 1.8ghz
                            512mb DDR333
                            Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

hmmm this worries me.. I was also planning on buying a lilliput screen... But this is kind of bothering me.. I dont want a screen that is gonna be a pain in the arse...

Comment

Working...
                              X