Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lilliput cable controller just blew up, Please help me!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput cable controller just blew up, Please help me!!

Hello.
    I have plug the car cable for lliput in my car, but I change the cables (put the + with - and the - with +) and it just blew up.
    The broken parts are the LM2595S-5.0 circuit and 1 condenser as you can see in the picture.
    I want to know the details of the condenser (I can see nothing because it melted) and where is the - and the + of the condenser.
    I have pin 1 and pin 2 of the condenser what one is the - ?
    Thank you!!!
    Attached Files

Can you confirm that your Lilliput car adapter is really using the LM2595S-5.0 ? Mine uses the LM2575-ADJ. The LM2575 is a step-down (buck) switcher which takes the car's battery voltage (nomially 13.8V when the engine is running) and regulates it down to 12.0 V.

The component that you circled (with pins 1 and 2) is actually an inductor - it has no polarity. According to this, its most likely a 100 uH inductor.

The Lilliput car adaptor has a small problem - it needs a minimum input voltage of 13.8V to provide 12V regulated output. This is ok when the engine is running. When the engine is off, the battery voltage in my car drops to about 12.8V - the output voltage then drops to about 10.8V and causes a significant drop in the brightness of the backlight. I'm powering the Lilliput from the 12V from my Opus and this solves the problem.

Comment

Hello.
      Thank you for reply.
      Yes it is a LM2595S-5.0 circuit.
      My car stop works at 13.8V and with engine it works at 15v. When I power the engine the voltage goes to +/-11V for am instant.
      I will try to make a regulered circuit.
      THANK YOU

Comment

are you trying to fix this thing, or are you just curious. If its broken, id buy a new/ better one. I dont trust the quality of lillyput so im not using there included adaptor, i bought a better one that has a switch to go from 9v to 12v out, that way i know its doing its job.
        01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
        01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
        mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Voodoo:
          As mentioned, the component you are pointing to is an inductor. Also, the regulator is an LM2596 12v switching regulator.
          Attached Files
          MikeH

Comment

Voodoo,

I just stumbled across this Coilcraft site. This inductor package is similar to what's on the Lilliput PSU board. Sorry I can't help with the value..
            MikeH

Comment

Working...
            X